Movember team up and running at Wimpole Hall
- Credit: Archant
Runners put on a united front in Wimpole at the weekend to show their support for Movember.
The Movember team was launched at Wimpole by 230 parkrunners – including 70 women, children and men sporting fake moustaches – showing they’re happy to look silly for a good cause.
Parkrunners team leader Chris Lee, who is taking on the ‘top lip challenge’ this year, said: “Movember is about fun and fundraising to focus attention on testicular and prostate cancer and mental ill health through a month of moustache-growing.
“Every moustache is intended to start a conversation about something on which men often stay silent through embarrassment – personal health issues.”
Runner David Jordan is a founding member of the Wimpole parkrunners team.
You may also want to watch:
He explained his reasons for taking part: “For me, Movember is the one month of the year where us blokes, the ones that don’t like to talk about our health, feel able to share information. “As runners at Wimpole parkrun we all get little niggles, especially as we get older, and we talk about the injury and share our experiences of sorting them out.
“So Movember and parkrun make a great team.”
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
To support the Wimpole parkrunners Movember team, go to www.uk.movember.com/team/1570801.
Details about the weekly Wimpole parkruns are at www.parkrun.org.uk/wimpoleestate.