Movember team up and running at Wimpole Hall
- Credit: Archant
Runners put on a united front in Wimpole at the weekend to show their support for Movember.
The Movember team was launched at Wimpole by 230 parkrunners – including 70 women, children and men sporting fake moustaches – showing they’re happy to look silly for a good cause.
Parkrunners team leader Chris Lee, who is taking on the ‘top lip challenge’ this year, said: “Movember is about fun and fundraising to focus attention on testicular and prostate cancer and mental ill health through a month of moustache-growing.
“Every moustache is intended to start a conversation about something on which men often stay silent through embarrassment – personal health issues.”
Runner David Jordan is a founding member of the Wimpole parkrunners team.
You may also want to watch:
He explained his reasons for taking part: “For me, Movember is the one month of the year where us blokes, the ones that don’t like to talk about our health, feel able to share information. “As runners at Wimpole parkrun we all get little niggles, especially as we get older, and we talk about the injury and share our experiences of sorting them out.
“So Movember and parkrun make a great team.”
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
To support the Wimpole parkrunners Movember team, go to www.uk.movember.com/team/1570801.
Details about the weekly Wimpole parkruns are at www.parkrun.org.uk/wimpoleestate.