Movember team up and running at Wimpole Hall
- Credit: Archant
Runners put on a united front in Wimpole at the weekend to show their support for Movember.
The Movember team was launched at Wimpole by 230 parkrunners – including 70 women, children and men sporting fake moustaches – showing they’re happy to look silly for a good cause.
Parkrunners team leader Chris Lee, who is taking on the ‘top lip challenge’ this year, said: “Movember is about fun and fundraising to focus attention on testicular and prostate cancer and mental ill health through a month of moustache-growing.
“Every moustache is intended to start a conversation about something on which men often stay silent through embarrassment – personal health issues.”
Runner David Jordan is a founding member of the Wimpole parkrunners team.
You may also want to watch:
He explained his reasons for taking part: “For me, Movember is the one month of the year where us blokes, the ones that don’t like to talk about our health, feel able to share information. “As runners at Wimpole parkrun we all get little niggles, especially as we get older, and we talk about the injury and share our experiences of sorting them out.
“So Movember and parkrun make a great team.”
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 6 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 The bells are back in town!
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
To support the Wimpole parkrunners Movember team, go to www.uk.movember.com/team/1570801.
Details about the weekly Wimpole parkruns are at www.parkrun.org.uk/wimpoleestate.