Movember team up and running at Wimpole Hall
- Credit: Archant
Runners put on a united front in Wimpole at the weekend to show their support for Movember.
The Movember team was launched at Wimpole by 230 parkrunners – including 70 women, children and men sporting fake moustaches – showing they’re happy to look silly for a good cause.
Parkrunners team leader Chris Lee, who is taking on the ‘top lip challenge’ this year, said: “Movember is about fun and fundraising to focus attention on testicular and prostate cancer and mental ill health through a month of moustache-growing.
“Every moustache is intended to start a conversation about something on which men often stay silent through embarrassment – personal health issues.”
Runner David Jordan is a founding member of the Wimpole parkrunners team.
You may also want to watch:
He explained his reasons for taking part: “For me, Movember is the one month of the year where us blokes, the ones that don’t like to talk about our health, feel able to share information. “As runners at Wimpole parkrun we all get little niggles, especially as we get older, and we talk about the injury and share our experiences of sorting them out.
“So Movember and parkrun make a great team.”
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 All you need to know about Welney Wetland Centre reopening
To support the Wimpole parkrunners Movember team, go to www.uk.movember.com/team/1570801.
Details about the weekly Wimpole parkruns are at www.parkrun.org.uk/wimpoleestate.