Mountain bike worth thousands stolen outside Melbourn shop
- Credit: Archant
The owner of an expensive mountain bike that was stolen from outside Melbourn Co-op on Friday is appealing for information.
Steve Baker left his bike in the rack at about 2pm on Friday while he nipped into the shop, but when he returned he discovered that it had been taken.
He said: “It’s not something that usually happens around Melbourn, although my brother had his van broken into about three or four weeks ago.
“I didn’t have my lock with me. They suspect that somebody walked into the shop for two minutes, then walked back out again and took it. It is worth about £2,000. I’ve had it for a few years and I regularly go on long bike rides.”
One distinguishable feature about the bike is that he replaced a bolt on the rear suspension. He said: “I could walk up to it and say that is my bike.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are looking for a white male who is about 6ft with a stocky build. The man they would like to speak to has extensive tattoos on his forearms, and was wearing a short sleeved T-shirt with a black G-Star logo, grey trousers and a black beanie hat.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 3 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 4 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 6 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 9 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing