Motorcyclist dies after M11 collision near Duxford
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist died in hospital yesterday evening after a crash on the M11 near Duxford on Saturday.
The rider, 21-year-old Dane Curran, was on the M11 southbound near Duxford at about 2.30pm on Saturday when he collided with a red BMW 1 series.
The flying display at this weekend’s Battle of Britain Anniversary Air Show in Duxford was paused while the air ambulance landed to take Dane – of Kenmoore Way in Newcastle upon Tyne – to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
A section of the road was closed for a number of hours while the crash scene was cleared and an investigation carried out.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or saw either of the vehicles in the moments leading up to it.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call the road policing unit on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their website www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
- 6 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 9 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn