Motorcyclist dies after M11 collision near Duxford
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist died in hospital yesterday evening after a crash on the M11 near Duxford on Saturday.
The rider, 21-year-old Dane Curran, was on the M11 southbound near Duxford at about 2.30pm on Saturday when he collided with a red BMW 1 series.
The flying display at this weekend’s Battle of Britain Anniversary Air Show in Duxford was paused while the air ambulance landed to take Dane – of Kenmoore Way in Newcastle upon Tyne – to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
A section of the road was closed for a number of hours while the crash scene was cleared and an investigation carried out.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or saw either of the vehicles in the moments leading up to it.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call the road policing unit on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their website www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 4 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange