Motorcyclist dies after M11 collision near Duxford
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist died in hospital yesterday evening after a crash on the M11 near Duxford on Saturday.
The rider, 21-year-old Dane Curran, was on the M11 southbound near Duxford at about 2.30pm on Saturday when he collided with a red BMW 1 series.
The flying display at this weekend’s Battle of Britain Anniversary Air Show in Duxford was paused while the air ambulance landed to take Dane – of Kenmoore Way in Newcastle upon Tyne – to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
A section of the road was closed for a number of hours while the crash scene was cleared and an investigation carried out.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or saw either of the vehicles in the moments leading up to it.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call the road policing unit on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their website www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter