Motorcyclist dies after M11 collision near Duxford
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist died in hospital yesterday evening after a crash on the M11 near Duxford on Saturday.
The rider, 21-year-old Dane Curran, was on the M11 southbound near Duxford at about 2.30pm on Saturday when he collided with a red BMW 1 series.
The flying display at this weekend’s Battle of Britain Anniversary Air Show in Duxford was paused while the air ambulance landed to take Dane – of Kenmoore Way in Newcastle upon Tyne – to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
A section of the road was closed for a number of hours while the crash scene was cleared and an investigation carried out.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or saw either of the vehicles in the moments leading up to it.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call the road policing unit on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their website www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 6 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 10 Missing teen found safe and well