Motorcyclist died in A1198 crash with car
A MOTORCYCLIST was killed when a motorist appeared to pull out into his path, an inquest was told. Paul Sheppard, 53, of Isherwood Close, Royston, died when the Honda motorcycle he was riding was in collision with a Daihatsu at the Wimpole Roundhouse junc
A MOTORCYCLIST was killed when a motorist appeared to pull out into his path, an inquest was told.
Paul Sheppard, 53, of Isherwood Close, Royston, died when the Honda motorcycle he was riding was in collision with a Daihatsu at the Wimpole Roundhouse junction on the A1198 on April 5.
A witness, Edward Steel, told the inquest at Cambridge Coroner's Court that he had been aware of a car and motorcycle travelling behind him.
"The motorcycle overtook me and continued at about 60mph and about six seconds later there appeared to be flashing lights 400 yards ahead of me.
"Nothing suggested the motorcycle was going too fast or was going dangerously."
Pc Chris Breeze, who investigated the incident, and attended the scene at about 10.55pm, said the cause of the collision appeared to be that the Daihatsu intended to turn right but pulled out in front of the motorcycle.
- 1 Owner elated as cat returns after going missing for 11 years
- 2 Melbourn Bowls Club celebrates centenary
- 3 Street Food Heroes return to Royston
- 4 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 5 Life-saving defibrillator donated to Melbourn Bowls Club
- 6 A-level results 2022: What should my next steps be?
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 World Photography Day: Herts & Middlesex Wildlife Trust launches third Wild Snaps competition
- 9 Which Thameslink trains are running during the RMT strike?
- 10 Last-ball victory keeps Reed on the rise up the Championship
Assistant deputy coroner Dr Samuel Bass said the cause of death was multiple injuries.
Billy Dash, 18, of Orwell, who was driving the Daihatsu, did not give evidence at the inquest.
Dr Bass recorded a verdict of accidental death.