Motorcyclist died in A1198 crash with car
A MOTORCYCLIST was killed when a motorist appeared to pull out into his path, an inquest was told. Paul Sheppard, 53, of Isherwood Close, Royston, died when the Honda motorcycle he was riding was in collision with a Daihatsu at the Wimpole Roundhouse junc
A MOTORCYCLIST was killed when a motorist appeared to pull out into his path, an inquest was told.
Paul Sheppard, 53, of Isherwood Close, Royston, died when the Honda motorcycle he was riding was in collision with a Daihatsu at the Wimpole Roundhouse junction on the A1198 on April 5.
A witness, Edward Steel, told the inquest at Cambridge Coroner's Court that he had been aware of a car and motorcycle travelling behind him.
"The motorcycle overtook me and continued at about 60mph and about six seconds later there appeared to be flashing lights 400 yards ahead of me.
You may also want to watch:
"Nothing suggested the motorcycle was going too fast or was going dangerously."
Pc Chris Breeze, who investigated the incident, and attended the scene at about 10.55pm, said the cause of the collision appeared to be that the Daihatsu intended to turn right but pulled out in front of the motorcycle.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
Assistant deputy coroner Dr Samuel Bass said the cause of death was multiple injuries.
Billy Dash, 18, of Orwell, who was driving the Daihatsu, did not give evidence at the inquest.
Dr Bass recorded a verdict of accidental death.