Motorcycle show was “best ever.”
AFTER holding its biggest and best attended show ever, the Royston and District Motorcycle Club has received a cheque with the total amount the show raised.
A grand total of �13,000 was raised at the show back in June, and was presented to club officials at a presentation last week (Wednesday 20).
The money will be divided between the club’s chosen charities, Meldreth Manor school, Meldreth Manor Equestrian Centre, the East Anglian Air Ambulance Service (EAAAS), and the Service by Emergency Rider Volunteers (SERV), who are an on call service that deliver blood supplies around the local area.
Steve Coningsby, the show organiser, said: “I can only thank all the bikers, and bike lovers, who come along to the show each year.
“This year was an amazing year with the largest amount of money raised and the largest number of visitor through the gates. Each year we have a dedicated team who help set up and run the show, and without them show would not happen.”
You may also want to watch:
Roger Wigglesworth from SERV said: “This money donated will go straight to work and help us keep the blood supplies running, through what is predicted to be a difficult winter.”
Alison Horsley from EAAAS said: “Every penny raised from the show was vital to the continued running of the ever expending service and was pleased to accept the cheque for �5000 on behalf of the pilots, doctors and paramedics that help save peoples lives every day.”
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 9 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
For more information about the Royston & District Motorcycle Club visit www.roystonmotorcycleclub.co.uk.