Motorcycle show was “best ever.”
AFTER holding its biggest and best attended show ever, the Royston and District Motorcycle Club has received a cheque with the total amount the show raised.
A grand total of �13,000 was raised at the show back in June, and was presented to club officials at a presentation last week (Wednesday 20).
The money will be divided between the club’s chosen charities, Meldreth Manor school, Meldreth Manor Equestrian Centre, the East Anglian Air Ambulance Service (EAAAS), and the Service by Emergency Rider Volunteers (SERV), who are an on call service that deliver blood supplies around the local area.
Steve Coningsby, the show organiser, said: “I can only thank all the bikers, and bike lovers, who come along to the show each year.
“This year was an amazing year with the largest amount of money raised and the largest number of visitor through the gates. Each year we have a dedicated team who help set up and run the show, and without them show would not happen.”
You may also want to watch:
Roger Wigglesworth from SERV said: “This money donated will go straight to work and help us keep the blood supplies running, through what is predicted to be a difficult winter.”
Alison Horsley from EAAAS said: “Every penny raised from the show was vital to the continued running of the ever expending service and was pleased to accept the cheque for �5000 on behalf of the pilots, doctors and paramedics that help save peoples lives every day.”
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 8 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
For more information about the Royston & District Motorcycle Club visit www.roystonmotorcycleclub.co.uk.