Motorcycle show was “best ever.”
AFTER holding its biggest and best attended show ever, the Royston and District Motorcycle Club has received a cheque with the total amount the show raised.
A grand total of �13,000 was raised at the show back in June, and was presented to club officials at a presentation last week (Wednesday 20).
The money will be divided between the club’s chosen charities, Meldreth Manor school, Meldreth Manor Equestrian Centre, the East Anglian Air Ambulance Service (EAAAS), and the Service by Emergency Rider Volunteers (SERV), who are an on call service that deliver blood supplies around the local area.
Steve Coningsby, the show organiser, said: “I can only thank all the bikers, and bike lovers, who come along to the show each year.
“This year was an amazing year with the largest amount of money raised and the largest number of visitor through the gates. Each year we have a dedicated team who help set up and run the show, and without them show would not happen.”
Roger Wigglesworth from SERV said: “This money donated will go straight to work and help us keep the blood supplies running, through what is predicted to be a difficult winter.”
Alison Horsley from EAAAS said: “Every penny raised from the show was vital to the continued running of the ever expending service and was pleased to accept the cheque for �5000 on behalf of the pilots, doctors and paramedics that help save peoples lives every day.”
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 4 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 5 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 6 Councillors take the plunge to raise money for Home-Start
- 7 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 8 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 9 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
- 10 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
For more information about the Royston & District Motorcycle Club visit www.roystonmotorcycleclub.co.uk.