Motorcycle show was “best ever.”
AFTER holding its biggest and best attended show ever, the Royston and District Motorcycle Club has received a cheque with the total amount the show raised.
A grand total of �13,000 was raised at the show back in June, and was presented to club officials at a presentation last week (Wednesday 20).
The money will be divided between the club’s chosen charities, Meldreth Manor school, Meldreth Manor Equestrian Centre, the East Anglian Air Ambulance Service (EAAAS), and the Service by Emergency Rider Volunteers (SERV), who are an on call service that deliver blood supplies around the local area.
Steve Coningsby, the show organiser, said: “I can only thank all the bikers, and bike lovers, who come along to the show each year.
“This year was an amazing year with the largest amount of money raised and the largest number of visitor through the gates. Each year we have a dedicated team who help set up and run the show, and without them show would not happen.”
You may also want to watch:
Roger Wigglesworth from SERV said: “This money donated will go straight to work and help us keep the blood supplies running, through what is predicted to be a difficult winter.”
Alison Horsley from EAAAS said: “Every penny raised from the show was vital to the continued running of the ever expending service and was pleased to accept the cheque for �5000 on behalf of the pilots, doctors and paramedics that help save peoples lives every day.”
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
For more information about the Royston & District Motorcycle Club visit www.roystonmotorcycleclub.co.uk.