Motorcycle show proves a wheel money-spinner
THIS YEAR S Royston and District Motorcycle Club show raised more than £10,000 for charity. At the clubs presentation evening Royston mayor Cllr Peter Lill presented cheques of £5,000 to representatives from Meldreth Manor School, and East Anglian Air Amb
THIS YEAR'S Royston and District Motorcycle Club show raised more than £10,000 for charity.
At the clubs presentation evening Royston mayor Cllr Peter Lill presented cheques of £5,000 to representatives from Meldreth Manor School, and East Anglian Air Ambulance, and one of £1,300 to emergency doctor service Magpas.
Show organiser Steve Coningsby said: "We always donate money to Meldreth Manor because they let us host the show on their grounds.
"But it has become so successful that we decided to involve other charities.
"As bikers you never know when you might need the air ambulance or Magpas, so it's nice to be able to give something back to them.
"We were delighted the mayor was able to attend and he certainly seemed to enjoy himself."
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 9 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
Plans are already well under way for next year's event.
Mr Coningsby said: "It will be on the third Wednesday of June as usual.
"The show seems to get bigger every year.