Motorcycle show proves a wheel money-spinner
THIS YEAR S Royston and District Motorcycle Club show raised more than £10,000 for charity. At the clubs presentation evening Royston mayor Cllr Peter Lill presented cheques of £5,000 to representatives from Meldreth Manor School, and East Anglian Air Amb
THIS YEAR'S Royston and District Motorcycle Club show raised more than £10,000 for charity.
At the clubs presentation evening Royston mayor Cllr Peter Lill presented cheques of £5,000 to representatives from Meldreth Manor School, and East Anglian Air Ambulance, and one of £1,300 to emergency doctor service Magpas.
Show organiser Steve Coningsby said: "We always donate money to Meldreth Manor because they let us host the show on their grounds.
"But it has become so successful that we decided to involve other charities.
You may also want to watch:
"As bikers you never know when you might need the air ambulance or Magpas, so it's nice to be able to give something back to them.
"We were delighted the mayor was able to attend and he certainly seemed to enjoy himself."
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
Plans are already well under way for next year's event.
Mr Coningsby said: "It will be on the third Wednesday of June as usual.
"The show seems to get bigger every year.