Motorcycle show proves a wheel money-spinner
THIS YEAR S Royston and District Motorcycle Club show raised more than £10,000 for charity. At the clubs presentation evening Royston mayor Cllr Peter Lill presented cheques of £5,000 to representatives from Meldreth Manor School, and East Anglian Air Amb
THIS YEAR'S Royston and District Motorcycle Club show raised more than £10,000 for charity.
At the clubs presentation evening Royston mayor Cllr Peter Lill presented cheques of £5,000 to representatives from Meldreth Manor School, and East Anglian Air Ambulance, and one of £1,300 to emergency doctor service Magpas.
Show organiser Steve Coningsby said: "We always donate money to Meldreth Manor because they let us host the show on their grounds.
"But it has become so successful that we decided to involve other charities.
"As bikers you never know when you might need the air ambulance or Magpas, so it's nice to be able to give something back to them.
"We were delighted the mayor was able to attend and he certainly seemed to enjoy himself."
- 1 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 2 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 3 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
- 4 Author AJ Campbell to publish fourth novel
- 5 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 6 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 7 Residents concerned 140 homes plan could cause 'ecological catastrophe'
- 8 Royston Kite Festival expected to attract thousands
- 9 Johnson Matthey to build £80 million 'gigafactory' in Royston
- 10 Double murderer Ian Stewart has whole life order reduced
Plans are already well under way for next year's event.
Mr Coningsby said: "It will be on the third Wednesday of June as usual.
"The show seems to get bigger every year.