Motorcycle show proves a wheel money-spinner
THIS YEAR S Royston and District Motorcycle Club show raised more than £10,000 for charity. At the clubs presentation evening Royston mayor Cllr Peter Lill presented cheques of £5,000 to representatives from Meldreth Manor School, and East Anglian Air Amb
THIS YEAR'S Royston and District Motorcycle Club show raised more than £10,000 for charity.
At the clubs presentation evening Royston mayor Cllr Peter Lill presented cheques of £5,000 to representatives from Meldreth Manor School, and East Anglian Air Ambulance, and one of £1,300 to emergency doctor service Magpas.
Show organiser Steve Coningsby said: "We always donate money to Meldreth Manor because they let us host the show on their grounds.
"But it has become so successful that we decided to involve other charities.
You may also want to watch:
"As bikers you never know when you might need the air ambulance or Magpas, so it's nice to be able to give something back to them.
"We were delighted the mayor was able to attend and he certainly seemed to enjoy himself."
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
Plans are already well under way for next year's event.
Mr Coningsby said: "It will be on the third Wednesday of June as usual.
"The show seems to get bigger every year.