Motorbike rider dies after A505 crash near Fowlmere
- Credit: Archant
A motorbike rider has died after a crash involving a car on the A505 near Fowlmere this morning.
Police were called to reports of a collision involving a green Land Rover and a Kawasaki motorbike near Newmarket Road, east of Flint Cross.
Officers attented the scene along with the air ambulance, but the rider of the motorbike was pronounced dead at the scene by medical staff.
The driver of the Land Rover left the scene on foot, with police now trying to trace him.
The road remains closed to allow officers to investigate.
You may also want to watch:
If you have any information about the fatal crash or know where the driver of the car might be, call police on the non-emergency number 101, quoting incident 64 of May 24.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 5 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 6 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 7 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 8 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital