Motorbike rider dies after A505 crash near Fowlmere
- Credit: Archant
A motorbike rider has died after a crash involving a car on the A505 near Fowlmere this morning.
Police were called to reports of a collision involving a green Land Rover and a Kawasaki motorbike near Newmarket Road, east of Flint Cross.
Officers attented the scene along with the air ambulance, but the rider of the motorbike was pronounced dead at the scene by medical staff.
The driver of the Land Rover left the scene on foot, with police now trying to trace him.
The road remains closed to allow officers to investigate.
You may also want to watch:
If you have any information about the fatal crash or know where the driver of the car might be, call police on the non-emergency number 101, quoting incident 64 of May 24.
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show