MotoGP star helps Meldreth Manor auction
A CHANCE to meet Moto GP star Bradley Smith is among the items on offer in a charity auction, raising funds for Meldreth Manor School. The auction has been organised by Sheila Jack and her partner Mike Pope, who have arranged several funding-raising event
A CHANCE to meet Moto GP star Bradley Smith is among the items on offer in a charity auction, raising funds for Meldreth Manor School.
The auction has been organised by Sheila Jack and her partner Mike Pope, who have arranged several funding-raising events for the school, which will culminate in a motorcycle ride across India later this year.
Sheila said: "One of the items we have is a limited edition signed shirt from Bradley's team, Polaris World Aprilia.
"He has offered to meet the winning bidder at the Moto GP at Donnington later this month and present them with the shirt.
"It's a great opportunity for any motorcycle enthusiasts."
Other items on offer include an official Ducati Corse T-shirt, and a podium cap signed by British Superbike rider Leon Haslam.
- 1 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 2 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 3 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 4 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 'Flood the internet' to save waterways in South Cambs
- 6 Men's health champion receives funding boost from Ashwell Masonic Lodge
- 7 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
- 8 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 9 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 10 Judoka Emma Reid from Royston wins Birmingham 2022 gold
"I have been quite amazed by the generosity of the motorcycle community. These people have taken the time to help during what is for them a busy race season," said Sheila.
A further batch of items will be up for grabs in a raffle to be run by the Royston & District Motorcycle Club at Meldreth Manor on June 18.
Sheila and Mike are also looking for sponsors ahead of their ride across Rajasthan state in India, which is scheduled for November.
The pair will be riding a classic Enfield Bullet motor-cycle.
Sheila, who works at Meldreth Manor, said: "I'm looking forward to the trip, but I'm a bit nervous. I think some of the roads will be a challenge.
"Motorbikes and the work of Meldreth Manor School are two things I love, so it's a great opportunity to combine the two," she said.
The online auction will run until June 15. To view the items or place a bid, visit http://shop.ebay.co.uk/
To make a donation, visit www.justgiving.com/