MotoGP star helps Meldreth Manor auction
A CHANCE to meet Moto GP star Bradley Smith is among the items on offer in a charity auction, raising funds for Meldreth Manor School. The auction has been organised by Sheila Jack and her partner Mike Pope, who have arranged several funding-raising event
A CHANCE to meet Moto GP star Bradley Smith is among the items on offer in a charity auction, raising funds for Meldreth Manor School.
The auction has been organised by Sheila Jack and her partner Mike Pope, who have arranged several funding-raising events for the school, which will culminate in a motorcycle ride across India later this year.
Sheila said: "One of the items we have is a limited edition signed shirt from Bradley's team, Polaris World Aprilia.
"He has offered to meet the winning bidder at the Moto GP at Donnington later this month and present them with the shirt.
"It's a great opportunity for any motorcycle enthusiasts."
Other items on offer include an official Ducati Corse T-shirt, and a podium cap signed by British Superbike rider Leon Haslam.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 7 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 8 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 9 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
- 10 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
"I have been quite amazed by the generosity of the motorcycle community. These people have taken the time to help during what is for them a busy race season," said Sheila.
A further batch of items will be up for grabs in a raffle to be run by the Royston & District Motorcycle Club at Meldreth Manor on June 18.
Sheila and Mike are also looking for sponsors ahead of their ride across Rajasthan state in India, which is scheduled for November.
The pair will be riding a classic Enfield Bullet motor-cycle.
Sheila, who works at Meldreth Manor, said: "I'm looking forward to the trip, but I'm a bit nervous. I think some of the roads will be a challenge.
"Motorbikes and the work of Meldreth Manor School are two things I love, so it's a great opportunity to combine the two," she said.
The online auction will run until June 15. To view the items or place a bid, visit http://shop.ebay.co.uk/
To make a donation, visit www.justgiving.com/