MotoGP star helps Meldreth Manor auction
A CHANCE to meet Moto GP star Bradley Smith is among the items on offer in a charity auction, raising funds for Meldreth Manor School. The auction has been organised by Sheila Jack and her partner Mike Pope, who have arranged several funding-raising event
A CHANCE to meet Moto GP star Bradley Smith is among the items on offer in a charity auction, raising funds for Meldreth Manor School.
The auction has been organised by Sheila Jack and her partner Mike Pope, who have arranged several funding-raising events for the school, which will culminate in a motorcycle ride across India later this year.
Sheila said: "One of the items we have is a limited edition signed shirt from Bradley's team, Polaris World Aprilia.
"He has offered to meet the winning bidder at the Moto GP at Donnington later this month and present them with the shirt.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a great opportunity for any motorcycle enthusiasts."
Other items on offer include an official Ducati Corse T-shirt, and a podium cap signed by British Superbike rider Leon Haslam.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
"I have been quite amazed by the generosity of the motorcycle community. These people have taken the time to help during what is for them a busy race season," said Sheila.
A further batch of items will be up for grabs in a raffle to be run by the Royston & District Motorcycle Club at Meldreth Manor on June 18.
Sheila and Mike are also looking for sponsors ahead of their ride across Rajasthan state in India, which is scheduled for November.
The pair will be riding a classic Enfield Bullet motor-cycle.
Sheila, who works at Meldreth Manor, said: "I'm looking forward to the trip, but I'm a bit nervous. I think some of the roads will be a challenge.
"Motorbikes and the work of Meldreth Manor School are two things I love, so it's a great opportunity to combine the two," she said.
The online auction will run until June 15. To view the items or place a bid, visit http://shop.ebay.co.uk/
To make a donation, visit www.justgiving.com/