MotoGP star helps Meldreth Manor auction
A CHANCE to meet Moto GP star Bradley Smith is among the items on offer in a charity auction, raising funds for Meldreth Manor School. The auction has been organised by Sheila Jack and her partner Mike Pope, who have arranged several funding-raising event
A CHANCE to meet Moto GP star Bradley Smith is among the items on offer in a charity auction, raising funds for Meldreth Manor School.
The auction has been organised by Sheila Jack and her partner Mike Pope, who have arranged several funding-raising events for the school, which will culminate in a motorcycle ride across India later this year.
Sheila said: "One of the items we have is a limited edition signed shirt from Bradley's team, Polaris World Aprilia.
"He has offered to meet the winning bidder at the Moto GP at Donnington later this month and present them with the shirt.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a great opportunity for any motorcycle enthusiasts."
Other items on offer include an official Ducati Corse T-shirt, and a podium cap signed by British Superbike rider Leon Haslam.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
"I have been quite amazed by the generosity of the motorcycle community. These people have taken the time to help during what is for them a busy race season," said Sheila.
A further batch of items will be up for grabs in a raffle to be run by the Royston & District Motorcycle Club at Meldreth Manor on June 18.
Sheila and Mike are also looking for sponsors ahead of their ride across Rajasthan state in India, which is scheduled for November.
The pair will be riding a classic Enfield Bullet motor-cycle.
Sheila, who works at Meldreth Manor, said: "I'm looking forward to the trip, but I'm a bit nervous. I think some of the roads will be a challenge.
"Motorbikes and the work of Meldreth Manor School are two things I love, so it's a great opportunity to combine the two," she said.
The online auction will run until June 15. To view the items or place a bid, visit http://shop.ebay.co.uk/
To make a donation, visit www.justgiving.com/