Mothers hit the right note
A GROUP of mothers and daughters have been striking the right chords by recording a CD for a local charity.
Twenty five mums from around Royston have come together to record the MumSing record, which has already raised �2,500 for Home Start Royston and South Cambridgeshire.
The CD features traditional nursery rhymes and is the brainchild of Linda Bance, who had the idea as part of her 25th year of running the Music with Mum sessions in Hertfordshire.
Linda, who is an education consultant for Cbeebies, said: “Everybody has given their time, premises and experience for free for this project. You can’t say that about many things these days.
“I am sure that the quality of this CD will reflect just how much love, care and attention has been taken to provide this special gift for our children.
“I would like to think that everybody takes time to sing and dance with their children.”
Anybody interested in hearing more about the project can contact Linda at www.playmusicplay.co.uk.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Entrepreneur shortlisted for award after setting up business while managing chronic illness
- 3 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 4 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 5 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 6 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 7 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 8 Churches thank women who took on extra work to help run parish
- 9 Scouts stay true to the letter as Royston tradition returns
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers