Mothers hit the right note
A GROUP of mothers and daughters have been striking the right chords by recording a CD for a local charity.
Twenty five mums from around Royston have come together to record the MumSing record, which has already raised �2,500 for Home Start Royston and South Cambridgeshire.
The CD features traditional nursery rhymes and is the brainchild of Linda Bance, who had the idea as part of her 25th year of running the Music with Mum sessions in Hertfordshire.
Linda, who is an education consultant for Cbeebies, said: “Everybody has given their time, premises and experience for free for this project. You can’t say that about many things these days.
“I am sure that the quality of this CD will reflect just how much love, care and attention has been taken to provide this special gift for our children.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to think that everybody takes time to sing and dance with their children.”
Anybody interested in hearing more about the project can contact Linda at www.playmusicplay.co.uk.
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 9 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people