Mothers hit the right note
A GROUP of mothers and daughters have been striking the right chords by recording a CD for a local charity.
Twenty five mums from around Royston have come together to record the MumSing record, which has already raised �2,500 for Home Start Royston and South Cambridgeshire.
The CD features traditional nursery rhymes and is the brainchild of Linda Bance, who had the idea as part of her 25th year of running the Music with Mum sessions in Hertfordshire.
Linda, who is an education consultant for Cbeebies, said: “Everybody has given their time, premises and experience for free for this project. You can’t say that about many things these days.
“I am sure that the quality of this CD will reflect just how much love, care and attention has been taken to provide this special gift for our children.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to think that everybody takes time to sing and dance with their children.”
Anybody interested in hearing more about the project can contact Linda at www.playmusicplay.co.uk.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 7 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 8 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid