Mother’s tribute to Meldreth man who died of gunshot wound
- Credit: Archant
The mother of a man who died from a gunshot wound on Sunday has paid tribute to her son.
Philip Harper, 46, of High Street, Meldreth, was treated by paramedics after being taken to Melbourn Ambulance Station with life-threatening injuries at about 5.50pm on Sunday.
Despite medical attention he died a short time later.
Pauline Harper, his mother, said: “Philip was our son and we loved him dearly. He was loyal, compassionate, inquisitive and stoic.
“A ‘delinquent Ray Mears’, Philip was always up for a challenge. We are glad to have shared our lives with him and we will miss him terribly.”
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem found that he died from a gunshot wound.
Ian Catley, 40, of Medcalfe Way, Melbourn, has been charged with murder and appeared at Cambridge Crown Court yesterday (Thursday) where he was remanded in custody.
- 1 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 3 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 4 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 5 Reed cricket players show prominently after production of Herts Cricket League averages for 2020 season
- 6 New infection control method at college to give 'peace of mind'
- 7 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people
- 8 COVID-19 figures in South Cambs fall and rise in North Herts
- 9 More supermarkets say customers without masks will be refused entry
- 10 A mental health first aider offers advice on coping during lockdown
He is due to enter a plea at the court on September 12.