Mother’s tribute to Meldreth man who died of gunshot wound
- Credit: Archant
The mother of a man who died from a gunshot wound on Sunday has paid tribute to her son.
Philip Harper, 46, of High Street, Meldreth, was treated by paramedics after being taken to Melbourn Ambulance Station with life-threatening injuries at about 5.50pm on Sunday.
Despite medical attention he died a short time later.
Pauline Harper, his mother, said: “Philip was our son and we loved him dearly. He was loyal, compassionate, inquisitive and stoic.
“A ‘delinquent Ray Mears’, Philip was always up for a challenge. We are glad to have shared our lives with him and we will miss him terribly.”
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem found that he died from a gunshot wound.
Ian Catley, 40, of Medcalfe Way, Melbourn, has been charged with murder and appeared at Cambridge Crown Court yesterday (Thursday) where he was remanded in custody.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 3 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 4 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 5 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 9 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?
He is due to enter a plea at the court on September 12.