Mother pays tribute to “lovely lad” who died in A505 collision
DEVASTATED family members have paid tribute to a man killed after a collision on the A505 on Saturday.
Police today named the victim as Oliver Pritchard, 22, of Hillside, Royston. He died after being involved in a collision with a car on the A505 near the Slip End turning, near Ashwell, on Saturday.
His mother, Sarah, said: “We are absolutely devastated about what has happened to Ollie. It is such a terrible shame as he was reaching a time in his life when everything was beginning to slot into place. He was enjoying his job and regularly saw his friends and loved socialising with them.
“Ollie was a strong willed character who knew his own mind and I am very proud of him and everything he was achieving in his life. Overall he was a lovely lad, who would help anyone out if they needed anything and who always had time for other people. We will all miss him terribly.”
A former pupil at Barkway Primary School, Greneway Middle School, and Freman College in Buntingford, Mr Pritchard worked as a production operative at Johnson Matthey in Royston.
You may also want to watch:
A date for his funeral has not yet been set, however it is expected it will be held at Barkway Church.
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show