Mother pays tribute to “lovely lad” who died in A505 collision
DEVASTATED family members have paid tribute to a man killed after a collision on the A505 on Saturday.
Police today named the victim as Oliver Pritchard, 22, of Hillside, Royston. He died after being involved in a collision with a car on the A505 near the Slip End turning, near Ashwell, on Saturday.
His mother, Sarah, said: “We are absolutely devastated about what has happened to Ollie. It is such a terrible shame as he was reaching a time in his life when everything was beginning to slot into place. He was enjoying his job and regularly saw his friends and loved socialising with them.
“Ollie was a strong willed character who knew his own mind and I am very proud of him and everything he was achieving in his life. Overall he was a lovely lad, who would help anyone out if they needed anything and who always had time for other people. We will all miss him terribly.”
A former pupil at Barkway Primary School, Greneway Middle School, and Freman College in Buntingford, Mr Pritchard worked as a production operative at Johnson Matthey in Royston.
You may also want to watch:
A date for his funeral has not yet been set, however it is expected it will be held at Barkway Church.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 Isthmian League reveal why they want to terminate non-league football 'at the earliest opportunity'
- 10 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double