Mother pays tribute to “lovely lad” who died in A505 collision
DEVASTATED family members have paid tribute to a man killed after a collision on the A505 on Saturday.
Police today named the victim as Oliver Pritchard, 22, of Hillside, Royston. He died after being involved in a collision with a car on the A505 near the Slip End turning, near Ashwell, on Saturday.
His mother, Sarah, said: “We are absolutely devastated about what has happened to Ollie. It is such a terrible shame as he was reaching a time in his life when everything was beginning to slot into place. He was enjoying his job and regularly saw his friends and loved socialising with them.
“Ollie was a strong willed character who knew his own mind and I am very proud of him and everything he was achieving in his life. Overall he was a lovely lad, who would help anyone out if they needed anything and who always had time for other people. We will all miss him terribly.”
A former pupil at Barkway Primary School, Greneway Middle School, and Freman College in Buntingford, Mr Pritchard worked as a production operative at Johnson Matthey in Royston.
You may also want to watch:
A date for his funeral has not yet been set, however it is expected it will be held at Barkway Church.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 9 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'