Mother and daughter set for charity run
A MOTHER and daughter from Melbourn will be digging out their walking boots and putting their best foot forward for charity. Ruth Yates and five-year-old Mary will be taking part in the 5k Hydro Active Women s Challenge around London s Hyde Park on Septem
A MOTHER and daughter from Melbourn will be digging out their walking boots and putting their best foot forward for charity.
Ruth Yates and five-year-old Mary will be taking part in the 5k Hydro Active Women's Challenge around London's Hyde Park on September 16 to raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Mrs Yates, of Beeton Close, said: "Mary has been going to Great Ormond Street since she was quite young and we felt we wanted to do something for them, to give something back for all their help."
Mary has tempro-mandibular joint ankylosis, and as a result, the opening of her mouth is restricted and her jaw is not growing normally.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Yates said: "Mary is really looking forward to the challenge.
"She has some new trainers and we have been doing some training at Wimpole.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
"We will try to run, but I think we will be walking most of the way."
Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity is currently raising funds for an ear, nose and throat operating microscope.
The pair hope to raise £1,000.
# If you would like to sponsor Ruth and Mary, or for more information visit www.justgiving.com/maryandruth