Mother and daughter set for charity run
A MOTHER and daughter from Melbourn will be digging out their walking boots and putting their best foot forward for charity. Ruth Yates and five-year-old Mary will be taking part in the 5k Hydro Active Women s Challenge around London s Hyde Park on Septem
A MOTHER and daughter from Melbourn will be digging out their walking boots and putting their best foot forward for charity.
Ruth Yates and five-year-old Mary will be taking part in the 5k Hydro Active Women's Challenge around London's Hyde Park on September 16 to raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Mrs Yates, of Beeton Close, said: "Mary has been going to Great Ormond Street since she was quite young and we felt we wanted to do something for them, to give something back for all their help."
Mary has tempro-mandibular joint ankylosis, and as a result, the opening of her mouth is restricted and her jaw is not growing normally.
Mrs Yates said: "Mary is really looking forward to the challenge.
"She has some new trainers and we have been doing some training at Wimpole.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 7 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 8 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 9 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
"We will try to run, but I think we will be walking most of the way."
Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity is currently raising funds for an ear, nose and throat operating microscope.
The pair hope to raise £1,000.
# If you would like to sponsor Ruth and Mary, or for more information visit www.justgiving.com/maryandruth