Mother and daughter set for charity run
A MOTHER and daughter from Melbourn will be digging out their walking boots and putting their best foot forward for charity. Ruth Yates and five-year-old Mary will be taking part in the 5k Hydro Active Women s Challenge around London s Hyde Park on Septem
A MOTHER and daughter from Melbourn will be digging out their walking boots and putting their best foot forward for charity.
Ruth Yates and five-year-old Mary will be taking part in the 5k Hydro Active Women's Challenge around London's Hyde Park on September 16 to raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Mrs Yates, of Beeton Close, said: "Mary has been going to Great Ormond Street since she was quite young and we felt we wanted to do something for them, to give something back for all their help."
Mary has tempro-mandibular joint ankylosis, and as a result, the opening of her mouth is restricted and her jaw is not growing normally.
Mrs Yates said: "Mary is really looking forward to the challenge.
"She has some new trainers and we have been doing some training at Wimpole.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 5 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 6 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 7 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Little Seedlings workshops to teach budding gardeners this summer
- 10 Careless driver was 'using phone' when she killed Cambridge cyclist
"We will try to run, but I think we will be walking most of the way."
Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity is currently raising funds for an ear, nose and throat operating microscope.
The pair hope to raise £1,000.
# If you would like to sponsor Ruth and Mary, or for more information visit www.justgiving.com/maryandruth