Mother and daughter set for charity run
A MOTHER and daughter from Melbourn will be digging out their walking boots and putting their best foot forward for charity. Ruth Yates and five-year-old Mary will be taking part in the 5k Hydro Active Women s Challenge around London s Hyde Park on Septem
A MOTHER and daughter from Melbourn will be digging out their walking boots and putting their best foot forward for charity.
Ruth Yates and five-year-old Mary will be taking part in the 5k Hydro Active Women's Challenge around London's Hyde Park on September 16 to raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Mrs Yates, of Beeton Close, said: "Mary has been going to Great Ormond Street since she was quite young and we felt we wanted to do something for them, to give something back for all their help."
Mary has tempro-mandibular joint ankylosis, and as a result, the opening of her mouth is restricted and her jaw is not growing normally.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Yates said: "Mary is really looking forward to the challenge.
"She has some new trainers and we have been doing some training at Wimpole.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
"We will try to run, but I think we will be walking most of the way."
Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity is currently raising funds for an ear, nose and throat operating microscope.
The pair hope to raise £1,000.
# If you would like to sponsor Ruth and Mary, or for more information visit www.justgiving.com/maryandruth