Mother and daughter both proud of weight loss
A MOTHER has set up a weight loss group after her and her daughter lost three stone between them. Karen Corner decided to set up her own group at the United Reformed Church Hall in Melbourn after shedding the pounds following her joining Swimming World ea
A MOTHER has set up a weight loss group after her and her daughter lost three stone between them.
Karen Corner decided to set up her own group at the United Reformed Church Hall in Melbourn after shedding the pounds following her joining Swimming World earlier this year.
Christmas 2008 was the turning point for the mother-of-three who said: "I took a good look at myself and didn't like the image I saw.
"I needed to get back in control, my weight was spiraling and who knows where it would have ended up."
You may also want to watch:
Several colleagues from work recommended Slimming World to Mrs Corner so at the end of January 2009 she enrolled at her local group and her journey began.
After only a few weeks the changes were noticeable and this prompted her 15-year-old daughter Abby to follow in her mother's footsteps.
- 1 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 2 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Stunning snap causes stir online
Abby said: "I am really proud of mum and it is great to see her being happy again and when we go out she knows exactly what she wants to wear and she looks great.
"Sometimes we share each others clothes now."
Mrs Corner has now set up her own group which meets every Thursday at 7pm from September 10 and is organising a clothes swap and bring and buy sale which will be held on September 17 with any money raised going to a local charity.
If you would like to lose weight or have any clothes to donate or swap call (01763) 243604.