Mother and daughter both proud of weight loss
A MOTHER has set up a weight loss group after her and her daughter lost three stone between them. Karen Corner decided to set up her own group at the United Reformed Church Hall in Melbourn after shedding the pounds following her joining Swimming World ea
A MOTHER has set up a weight loss group after her and her daughter lost three stone between them.
Karen Corner decided to set up her own group at the United Reformed Church Hall in Melbourn after shedding the pounds following her joining Swimming World earlier this year.
Christmas 2008 was the turning point for the mother-of-three who said: "I took a good look at myself and didn't like the image I saw.
"I needed to get back in control, my weight was spiraling and who knows where it would have ended up."
You may also want to watch:
Several colleagues from work recommended Slimming World to Mrs Corner so at the end of January 2009 she enrolled at her local group and her journey began.
After only a few weeks the changes were noticeable and this prompted her 15-year-old daughter Abby to follow in her mother's footsteps.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 3 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 4 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 5 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 6 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 9 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 10 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
Abby said: "I am really proud of mum and it is great to see her being happy again and when we go out she knows exactly what she wants to wear and she looks great.
"Sometimes we share each others clothes now."
Mrs Corner has now set up her own group which meets every Thursday at 7pm from September 10 and is organising a clothes swap and bring and buy sale which will be held on September 17 with any money raised going to a local charity.
If you would like to lose weight or have any clothes to donate or swap call (01763) 243604.