Mother and daughter both proud of weight loss
A MOTHER has set up a weight loss group after her and her daughter lost three stone between them. Karen Corner decided to set up her own group at the United Reformed Church Hall in Melbourn after shedding the pounds following her joining Swimming World ea
A MOTHER has set up a weight loss group after her and her daughter lost three stone between them.
Karen Corner decided to set up her own group at the United Reformed Church Hall in Melbourn after shedding the pounds following her joining Swimming World earlier this year.
Christmas 2008 was the turning point for the mother-of-three who said: "I took a good look at myself and didn't like the image I saw.
"I needed to get back in control, my weight was spiraling and who knows where it would have ended up."
Several colleagues from work recommended Slimming World to Mrs Corner so at the end of January 2009 she enrolled at her local group and her journey began.
After only a few weeks the changes were noticeable and this prompted her 15-year-old daughter Abby to follow in her mother's footsteps.
- 1 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 4 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 5 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 6 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 7 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 8 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 9 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 10 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
Abby said: "I am really proud of mum and it is great to see her being happy again and when we go out she knows exactly what she wants to wear and she looks great.
"Sometimes we share each others clothes now."
Mrs Corner has now set up her own group which meets every Thursday at 7pm from September 10 and is organising a clothes swap and bring and buy sale which will be held on September 17 with any money raised going to a local charity.
If you would like to lose weight or have any clothes to donate or swap call (01763) 243604.