Most popular baby names in North Hertfordshire revealed
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The most popular baby names in North Hertfordshire during 2013 have been revealed.
Isla came out on top for girls and Oliver was number one for boys of those registered at Stevenage Registry Office, which covers the town and the whole of North Hertfordshire.
After two consecutive years as the favourite name for girls, Lily has dropped down to second, while Harry remains in that position for the second year running.
“It’s always interesting to see what names are chosen,” said Hertfordshire county councillor Richard Thake, the cabinet member for the county’s registration service.
“Whatever choice parents make, they can celebrate the birth and naming of their child at a Civil Naming Ceremony organised by Hertfordshire’s Registration Service.
You may also want to watch:
“It is an ideal way for parents to formally name their child and welcome them into the family.”
For more information on civil namings visit www.hertsdirect.org/civilnaming or to make a booking call 0300 123 4045.
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 9 A mental health first aider offers advice on coping during lockdown
- 10 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy
• Did you pick a more unusual name for your little one when they were born in 2013? If so, email firstname.lastname@example.org