Most popular baby names in North Hertfordshire revealed
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The most popular baby names in North Hertfordshire during 2013 have been revealed.
Isla came out on top for girls and Oliver was number one for boys of those registered at Stevenage Registry Office, which covers the town and the whole of North Hertfordshire.
After two consecutive years as the favourite name for girls, Lily has dropped down to second, while Harry remains in that position for the second year running.
“It’s always interesting to see what names are chosen,” said Hertfordshire county councillor Richard Thake, the cabinet member for the county’s registration service.
“Whatever choice parents make, they can celebrate the birth and naming of their child at a Civil Naming Ceremony organised by Hertfordshire’s Registration Service.
You may also want to watch:
“It is an ideal way for parents to formally name their child and welcome them into the family.”
For more information on civil namings visit www.hertsdirect.org/civilnaming or to make a booking call 0300 123 4045.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
• Did you pick a more unusual name for your little one when they were born in 2013? If so, email email@example.com