Most popular baby names in North Hertfordshire revealed
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The most popular baby names in North Hertfordshire during 2013 have been revealed.
Isla came out on top for girls and Oliver was number one for boys of those registered at Stevenage Registry Office, which covers the town and the whole of North Hertfordshire.
After two consecutive years as the favourite name for girls, Lily has dropped down to second, while Harry remains in that position for the second year running.
“It’s always interesting to see what names are chosen,” said Hertfordshire county councillor Richard Thake, the cabinet member for the county’s registration service.
“Whatever choice parents make, they can celebrate the birth and naming of their child at a Civil Naming Ceremony organised by Hertfordshire’s Registration Service.
“It is an ideal way for parents to formally name their child and welcome them into the family.”
For more information on civil namings visit www.hertsdirect.org/civilnaming or to make a booking call 0300 123 4045.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 8 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
• Did you pick a more unusual name for your little one when they were born in 2013? If so, email firstname.lastname@example.org