Most popular baby names in North Hertfordshire revealed
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The most popular baby names in North Hertfordshire during 2013 have been revealed.
Isla came out on top for girls and Oliver was number one for boys of those registered at Stevenage Registry Office, which covers the town and the whole of North Hertfordshire.
After two consecutive years as the favourite name for girls, Lily has dropped down to second, while Harry remains in that position for the second year running.
“It’s always interesting to see what names are chosen,” said Hertfordshire county councillor Richard Thake, the cabinet member for the county’s registration service.
“Whatever choice parents make, they can celebrate the birth and naming of their child at a Civil Naming Ceremony organised by Hertfordshire’s Registration Service.
You may also want to watch:
“It is an ideal way for parents to formally name their child and welcome them into the family.”
For more information on civil namings visit www.hertsdirect.org/civilnaming or to make a booking call 0300 123 4045.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
• Did you pick a more unusual name for your little one when they were born in 2013? If so, email firstname.lastname@example.org