More than £2,000 raised for village church at Ashwell Book Weekend
- Credit: Archant
Bookworms were out in force for the 17th annual Ashwell Book Weekend in the village church.
Children’s author and illustrator Angela Patchett was a special guest again this year at the medieval St Mary’s Church.
Angela – whose books include Angela Angel and the Magic Chair, Misty Bear, Wishing and Paws – had her latest book, The Magic Dolls’ House, published just days before the fair.
She read from some of her books to an excited audience of children who also had a go on her magic harp and were able to cuddle her teddies.
Organiser Karen Rogers said: “It was very well attended again this year with nearly 400 people over the two days.
You may also want to watch:
“We had hundreds of books of all types that were donated over five days beforehand and sorted by a fantastic band of volunteers.”
She added that the weekend was a great success and the amount raised was more than £2,400 to go towards the Church Restoration Fund.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 4 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 9 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 10 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge