More seats to be available for commuters
MORE seats will be available to commuters using trains from Crow Country. Train operator First Capital Connect has revealed that, following an agreement between themselves at the Department for Transport, an extra 2,750 seats will be available on services
MORE seats will be available to commuters using trains from Crow Country.
Train operator First Capital Connect has revealed that, following an agreement between themselves at the Department for Transport, an extra 2,750 seats will be available on services in and out of King's Cross station, which connects to Royston and other stations in Crow Country.
The news was revealed by transport minister Chris Mole in a letter to North Herts MP Oliver Heald.
Mr Heald said: "I am continuing to press for more capacity on our line and am pleased that some extra seating has been achieved with new rolling stock.
You may also want to watch:
"The next battle is to have the infrastructure works done, so that we can have twelve car services on our line.
"The lengthening of Royston and Letchworth Garden City Station platforms and the additional power supply upgrades are obviously vital."
- 1 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 2 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 3 How effective is gritting roads in lockdown?
- 4 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 6 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 7 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 8 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 9 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 10 County 'extremely grateful' for chief fire officer's 30-year service
The MP added that he would "continue to press government and transport authorities on this important matter, which so affects the lives of commuters."
FCC are also adding an extra 3,800 seats to services connecting with Moorgate station in London.