More seats to be available for commuters
MORE seats will be available to commuters using trains from Crow Country. Train operator First Capital Connect has revealed that, following an agreement between themselves at the Department for Transport, an extra 2,750 seats will be available on services
MORE seats will be available to commuters using trains from Crow Country.
Train operator First Capital Connect has revealed that, following an agreement between themselves at the Department for Transport, an extra 2,750 seats will be available on services in and out of King's Cross station, which connects to Royston and other stations in Crow Country.
The news was revealed by transport minister Chris Mole in a letter to North Herts MP Oliver Heald.
Mr Heald said: "I am continuing to press for more capacity on our line and am pleased that some extra seating has been achieved with new rolling stock.
You may also want to watch:
"The next battle is to have the infrastructure works done, so that we can have twelve car services on our line.
"The lengthening of Royston and Letchworth Garden City Station platforms and the additional power supply upgrades are obviously vital."
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 3 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
The MP added that he would "continue to press government and transport authorities on this important matter, which so affects the lives of commuters."
FCC are also adding an extra 3,800 seats to services connecting with Moorgate station in London.