More seats to be available for commuters
MORE seats will be available to commuters using trains from Crow Country. Train operator First Capital Connect has revealed that, following an agreement between themselves at the Department for Transport, an extra 2,750 seats will be available on services
MORE seats will be available to commuters using trains from Crow Country.
Train operator First Capital Connect has revealed that, following an agreement between themselves at the Department for Transport, an extra 2,750 seats will be available on services in and out of King's Cross station, which connects to Royston and other stations in Crow Country.
The news was revealed by transport minister Chris Mole in a letter to North Herts MP Oliver Heald.
Mr Heald said: "I am continuing to press for more capacity on our line and am pleased that some extra seating has been achieved with new rolling stock.
You may also want to watch:
"The next battle is to have the infrastructure works done, so that we can have twelve car services on our line.
"The lengthening of Royston and Letchworth Garden City Station platforms and the additional power supply upgrades are obviously vital."
- 1 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 2 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 3 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 6 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 7 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 8 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 9 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 10 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
The MP added that he would "continue to press government and transport authorities on this important matter, which so affects the lives of commuters."
FCC are also adding an extra 3,800 seats to services connecting with Moorgate station in London.