Morden Players give taste of village life
THE MORDEN players will be serving audiences a slice of traditional village life when they perform their latest production, The Village Hall. John Bartlett s three-act play gives an overview of life surrounding a village hall. The first act sees a jumble
THE MORDEN players will be serving audiences a slice of traditional village life when they perform their latest production, The Village Hall.
John Bartlett's three-act play gives an overview of life surrounding a village hall.
The first act sees a jumble sale taking place, the second depicts an amateur dramatic society rehearsal, while the third is entitled 'Ging Gang Gooli'.
Bob Gilbert, president of the Morden players, said: "This production has been chosen because of the format, which is that the three acts, each of which can stand alone as a one-act play, are in fact linked as a whole."
You may also want to watch:
The play has been produced in conjunction with two other theatre groups - the Ashwell Theatre Club and the Litlington Amateur Dramatic Society.
Performances are taking place tomorrow (Friday) at Ashwell Village Hall, Friday, June 6, at Litlington Village Hall, and Saturday, June 7, at Steeple Morden Village Hall.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 5 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
All performances start at 7.45pm.
Tickets are £5, and can be purchased from Ashwell, Steeple Morden, and Litlington post offices.