Morden Players give taste of village life
THE MORDEN players will be serving audiences a slice of traditional village life when they perform their latest production, The Village Hall. John Bartlett s three-act play gives an overview of life surrounding a village hall. The first act sees a jumble
THE MORDEN players will be serving audiences a slice of traditional village life when they perform their latest production, The Village Hall.
John Bartlett's three-act play gives an overview of life surrounding a village hall.
The first act sees a jumble sale taking place, the second depicts an amateur dramatic society rehearsal, while the third is entitled 'Ging Gang Gooli'.
Bob Gilbert, president of the Morden players, said: "This production has been chosen because of the format, which is that the three acts, each of which can stand alone as a one-act play, are in fact linked as a whole."
You may also want to watch:
The play has been produced in conjunction with two other theatre groups - the Ashwell Theatre Club and the Litlington Amateur Dramatic Society.
Performances are taking place tomorrow (Friday) at Ashwell Village Hall, Friday, June 6, at Litlington Village Hall, and Saturday, June 7, at Steeple Morden Village Hall.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 8 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
All performances start at 7.45pm.
Tickets are £5, and can be purchased from Ashwell, Steeple Morden, and Litlington post offices.