Moove over: Trains delayed as cow is ushered off Meldreth tracks
- Credit: Archant
Trains between Hitchin and Cambridge are experiencing delays of up to 20 minutes after a cow wandered onto the tracks near Meldreth.
The cow was ushered off the line and staff at National Rail are currently searching for the farmer.
National Rail is unaware how the wandering animal got there.
There are further delays on the same line after a HGV lorry struck a bridge in Cambridge Road, Hitchin.
The lorry is being removed and the bridge is being examined.
You may also want to watch:
Story update: 16:30 - trains are now running on time
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 The bells are back in town!
- 6 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 7 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 8 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations