Moove over: Trains delayed as cow is ushered off Meldreth tracks
- Credit: Archant
Trains between Hitchin and Cambridge are experiencing delays of up to 20 minutes after a cow wandered onto the tracks near Meldreth.
The cow was ushered off the line and staff at National Rail are currently searching for the farmer.
National Rail is unaware how the wandering animal got there.
There are further delays on the same line after a HGV lorry struck a bridge in Cambridge Road, Hitchin.
The lorry is being removed and the bridge is being examined.
You may also want to watch:
Story update: 16:30 - trains are now running on time
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'