Moove over: Trains delayed as cow is ushered off Meldreth tracks
- Credit: Archant
Trains between Hitchin and Cambridge are experiencing delays of up to 20 minutes after a cow wandered onto the tracks near Meldreth.
The cow was ushered off the line and staff at National Rail are currently searching for the farmer.
National Rail is unaware how the wandering animal got there.
There are further delays on the same line after a HGV lorry struck a bridge in Cambridge Road, Hitchin.
The lorry is being removed and the bridge is being examined.
You may also want to watch:
Story update: 16:30 - trains are now running on time
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange