Moove over: Trains delayed as cow is ushered off Meldreth tracks
- Credit: Archant
Trains between Hitchin and Cambridge are experiencing delays of up to 20 minutes after a cow wandered onto the tracks near Meldreth.
The cow was ushered off the line and staff at National Rail are currently searching for the farmer.
National Rail is unaware how the wandering animal got there.
There are further delays on the same line after a HGV lorry struck a bridge in Cambridge Road, Hitchin.
The lorry is being removed and the bridge is being examined.
You may also want to watch:
Story update: 16:30 - trains are now running on time
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Where to get a walk-in Covid-19 vaccine in Cambridgeshire this weekend