Moo-ved by experience at a farm-themed fete
BARRINGTON School s annual fete raised £4,100 with the help of a wooden cow and an auction of promises. This year s theme was Down on the Farm which involved farm yard games and treasure hunts, fancy dress competitions, tractors – and a cow-milking compe
BARRINGTON School's annual fete raised £4,100 with the help of a wooden cow and an auction of promises.
This year's theme was Down on the Farm which involved farm yard games and treasure hunts, fancy dress competitions, tractors - and a cow-milking competition.
Friends of Barrington School member Sally Willan said: "Everyone involved had a wonderful day and we raised a fabulous amount of money for the school.
"The auction of promises and the cow-milking competition proved to be successful.
You may also want to watch:
"The money ensures that Barrington can afford to buy things that it needs and the parent-teacher association will be talking with teachers about what needs to be bought.
"Last year's proceeds went towards the purchase of new books and educational days," she said.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 7 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone