Money makes such a difference, and you can help bring in vital funds for Royston good causes
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham puts the voluntary sector in the spotlight
At the Volunteer Centre we are proud to support a multitude of organisations who work tirelessly in our local community to deliver services which benefit us all.
In order to keep these vital services running they rely on volunteers – not only to help with the delivery of the service but also with all aspects of fundraising. Without continual fundraising most of the organisations we support simply could not continue to run.
So why not consider becoming a fundraising volunteer – whatever time you are able to give, your support will make a huge difference.
You do not need any specific experience or qualifications for this role, you just need enthusiasm and a willingness to volunteer as part of a team of people from varying backgrounds.
You may also want to watch:
Activities include supermarket collections, stalls at events, coffee mornings, helping at fetes and fayres or coming up with new initiatives – so whether you are an ideas person or a practical helper there is place for you in a fundraising team.
If you can spare some time, whether it’s for an hour a month or a day a week, at the weekend or on request, we would love to hear from you. We have plenty of opportunities for fundraisers for all sorts of charities, local organisations and community groups.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
As well as raising money for a good cause you will have the opportunity to meet new people and make new friends, give something back to the community and have fun!
All you need to do is take that first step and contact us.
You can contact us on 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visity the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk