Crowds turn out for Royston & District Model Railway Club exhibition
- Credit: Archant
More than 700 visitors turned out for the 32nd exhibition of the Royston & District Model Railway Club, held at Bassingbourn Village College on Saturday.
The crowds were treated to 26 working layouts, nine demonstrations, and trade stands offering a wide selection of new and used items.
Outside, the Royston & District Model Engineers Club provided rides on both a steam locomotive, and – for the first time at the show – a model traction engine.
The model railway club’s Reg Hounsell said: “We are especially grateful to local families who have regularly supported our event throughout the years.
“The show represents a wide sphere of the many various gauges, and layout sizes available. We have clubs from all over the country exhibiting with us, the largest layout furthest to travel was from Manchester.
You may also want to watch:
“We are also very proud that our own club layout – Royston Wharf – and a number of other displays, had been reviewed in the Railway Modeller magazine, and another, the inspiration of Laurie Calvert, appeared on the recent Great Railway Model Challenge on Channel 5.
“We would like to thank everyone who attended.”
For more on Royston & District Model Railway Club go to www.roystondmrc.co.uk.
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 7 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 8 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator