Crowds turn out for Royston & District Model Railway Club exhibition
- Credit: Archant
More than 700 visitors turned out for the 32nd exhibition of the Royston & District Model Railway Club, held at Bassingbourn Village College on Saturday.
The crowds were treated to 26 working layouts, nine demonstrations, and trade stands offering a wide selection of new and used items.
Outside, the Royston & District Model Engineers Club provided rides on both a steam locomotive, and – for the first time at the show – a model traction engine.
The model railway club’s Reg Hounsell said: “We are especially grateful to local families who have regularly supported our event throughout the years.
“The show represents a wide sphere of the many various gauges, and layout sizes available. We have clubs from all over the country exhibiting with us, the largest layout furthest to travel was from Manchester.
You may also want to watch:
“We are also very proud that our own club layout – Royston Wharf – and a number of other displays, had been reviewed in the Railway Modeller magazine, and another, the inspiration of Laurie Calvert, appeared on the recent Great Railway Model Challenge on Channel 5.
“We would like to thank everyone who attended.”
For more on Royston & District Model Railway Club go to www.roystondmrc.co.uk.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation