Crowds turn out for Royston & District Model Railway Club exhibition
- Credit: Archant
More than 700 visitors turned out for the 32nd exhibition of the Royston & District Model Railway Club, held at Bassingbourn Village College on Saturday.
The crowds were treated to 26 working layouts, nine demonstrations, and trade stands offering a wide selection of new and used items.
Outside, the Royston & District Model Engineers Club provided rides on both a steam locomotive, and – for the first time at the show – a model traction engine.
The model railway club’s Reg Hounsell said: “We are especially grateful to local families who have regularly supported our event throughout the years.
“The show represents a wide sphere of the many various gauges, and layout sizes available. We have clubs from all over the country exhibiting with us, the largest layout furthest to travel was from Manchester.
You may also want to watch:
“We are also very proud that our own club layout – Royston Wharf – and a number of other displays, had been reviewed in the Railway Modeller magazine, and another, the inspiration of Laurie Calvert, appeared on the recent Great Railway Model Challenge on Channel 5.
“We would like to thank everyone who attended.”
For more on Royston & District Model Railway Club go to www.roystondmrc.co.uk.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?