Model of patience as sculptor braves rain
A SCULPTOR braved last week’s dismal weather to showcase the tricks of his trade in Royston.
Paul Bainbridge took centre stage in the town’s corn exchange when he recreated Jenny Suckling, his son’s girlfriend, in clay in full view of the public.
He said: “It’s been quiet, I apparently picked the worst week of the year to do it – everyone is away on holiday – then it poured with rain.”
Despite the downpour, his 25-year-old model enjoyed the experience.
“It’s been fun. I have been learning all the time,” said Jenny.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been all right – the rain today came straight down so we didn’t get wet!”
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 3 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 10 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner