Model Laura shapes up for charity
A MODEL has shaped up for a charity calendar. Laura Williams, who lives in Royston, will be donating proceeds from the swimwear and lingerie calendar to the Holy Family children s home in St Lucia. She said: I visited the home to make a donation last yea
A MODEL has shaped up for a charity calendar.
Laura Williams, who lives in Royston, will be donating proceeds from the swimwear and lingerie calendar to the Holy Family children's home in St Lucia.
She said: "I visited the home to make a donation last year and saw that it is in need of a lot of help.
"Sister Anthonie, who is in charge of the home showed me round, and they have so many children to care for, some as young as six months."
You may also want to watch:
Laura is originally from St Lucia, but migrated to the UK in 1985. She has previously modelled swimwear and lingerie for high street stores including Peacock.
Photography for the calendar was done by local photographer Colin Clark.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 7 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
Laura said: "I've done calendars in the past and they have raised a lot of money, so I hope this year's will be the most successful yet."
The calendar goes on sale this week and costs £20. It is available at RH Clark Photography, 8 High Street, Royston. For more information call the store on 01763 242126.