Model Laura shapes up for charity
A MODEL has shaped up for a charity calendar. Laura Williams, who lives in Royston, will be donating proceeds from the swimwear and lingerie calendar to the Holy Family children s home in St Lucia. She said: I visited the home to make a donation last yea
A MODEL has shaped up for a charity calendar.
Laura Williams, who lives in Royston, will be donating proceeds from the swimwear and lingerie calendar to the Holy Family children's home in St Lucia.
She said: "I visited the home to make a donation last year and saw that it is in need of a lot of help.
"Sister Anthonie, who is in charge of the home showed me round, and they have so many children to care for, some as young as six months."
Laura is originally from St Lucia, but migrated to the UK in 1985. She has previously modelled swimwear and lingerie for high street stores including Peacock.
Photography for the calendar was done by local photographer Colin Clark.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 7 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
Laura said: "I've done calendars in the past and they have raised a lot of money, so I hope this year's will be the most successful yet."
The calendar goes on sale this week and costs £20. It is available at RH Clark Photography, 8 High Street, Royston. For more information call the store on 01763 242126.