Model Laura shapes up for charity
A MODEL has shaped up for a charity calendar. Laura Williams, who lives in Royston, will be donating proceeds from the swimwear and lingerie calendar to the Holy Family children s home in St Lucia. She said: I visited the home to make a donation last yea
A MODEL has shaped up for a charity calendar.
Laura Williams, who lives in Royston, will be donating proceeds from the swimwear and lingerie calendar to the Holy Family children's home in St Lucia.
She said: "I visited the home to make a donation last year and saw that it is in need of a lot of help.
"Sister Anthonie, who is in charge of the home showed me round, and they have so many children to care for, some as young as six months."
You may also want to watch:
Laura is originally from St Lucia, but migrated to the UK in 1985. She has previously modelled swimwear and lingerie for high street stores including Peacock.
Photography for the calendar was done by local photographer Colin Clark.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 6 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 9 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
Laura said: "I've done calendars in the past and they have raised a lot of money, so I hope this year's will be the most successful yet."
The calendar goes on sale this week and costs £20. It is available at RH Clark Photography, 8 High Street, Royston. For more information call the store on 01763 242126.