Model Laura shapes up for charity
A MODEL has shaped up for a charity calendar. Laura Williams, who lives in Royston, will be donating proceeds from the swimwear and lingerie calendar to the Holy Family children s home in St Lucia. She said: I visited the home to make a donation last yea
A MODEL has shaped up for a charity calendar.
Laura Williams, who lives in Royston, will be donating proceeds from the swimwear and lingerie calendar to the Holy Family children's home in St Lucia.
She said: "I visited the home to make a donation last year and saw that it is in need of a lot of help.
"Sister Anthonie, who is in charge of the home showed me round, and they have so many children to care for, some as young as six months."
Laura is originally from St Lucia, but migrated to the UK in 1985. She has previously modelled swimwear and lingerie for high street stores including Peacock.
Photography for the calendar was done by local photographer Colin Clark.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 10 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
Laura said: "I've done calendars in the past and they have raised a lot of money, so I hope this year's will be the most successful yet."
The calendar goes on sale this week and costs £20. It is available at RH Clark Photography, 8 High Street, Royston. For more information call the store on 01763 242126.