Minister launches book which compares Bible with Harry Potter
A CHURCH of England minister has written a book which compares some of the major themes explored in J K Rowling’s Harry Potter books with those in the Bible.
Sonia Falaschi-Ray, of Church Lane in Barkway, will launch Harry Potter: A Christian Chronicle at The Reading Room on Barkway’s High Street next Friday (November 25).
Rev Falaschi-Ray, who is an avid fan of Harry Potter, says she recognised many parallels between the boy wizard, and the challenges he and his companions face, with people in the Bible.
She explores the themes of good and evil, love and hate, and life and death.
“I have written this book for Harry Potter fans, whether or not they are Christians, and for Christians, whether or not they are Harry Potter fans,” said Rev Falaschi-Ray.
You may also want to watch:
“I really hope this will inspire people to read the novels and see the remarkable depth of understanding J K Rowling has of the human condition.”
The book launch will take place between 6.30pm and 8.30pm, when Sonia will talk about her new book over a glass of wine and nibbles.
- 1 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 2 Extremely concerning incidents reported in Kneesworth House Hospital documentary
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 9 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 10 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!