Minister launches book which compares Bible with Harry Potter
A CHURCH of England minister has written a book which compares some of the major themes explored in J K Rowling’s Harry Potter books with those in the Bible.
Sonia Falaschi-Ray, of Church Lane in Barkway, will launch Harry Potter: A Christian Chronicle at The Reading Room on Barkway’s High Street next Friday (November 25).
Rev Falaschi-Ray, who is an avid fan of Harry Potter, says she recognised many parallels between the boy wizard, and the challenges he and his companions face, with people in the Bible.
She explores the themes of good and evil, love and hate, and life and death.
“I have written this book for Harry Potter fans, whether or not they are Christians, and for Christians, whether or not they are Harry Potter fans,” said Rev Falaschi-Ray.
You may also want to watch:
“I really hope this will inspire people to read the novels and see the remarkable depth of understanding J K Rowling has of the human condition.”
The book launch will take place between 6.30pm and 8.30pm, when Sonia will talk about her new book over a glass of wine and nibbles.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 6 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 10 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation