Minister launches book which compares Bible with Harry Potter
A CHURCH of England minister has written a book which compares some of the major themes explored in J K Rowling’s Harry Potter books with those in the Bible.
Sonia Falaschi-Ray, of Church Lane in Barkway, will launch Harry Potter: A Christian Chronicle at The Reading Room on Barkway’s High Street next Friday (November 25).
Rev Falaschi-Ray, who is an avid fan of Harry Potter, says she recognised many parallels between the boy wizard, and the challenges he and his companions face, with people in the Bible.
She explores the themes of good and evil, love and hate, and life and death.
“I have written this book for Harry Potter fans, whether or not they are Christians, and for Christians, whether or not they are Harry Potter fans,” said Rev Falaschi-Ray.
You may also want to watch:
“I really hope this will inspire people to read the novels and see the remarkable depth of understanding J K Rowling has of the human condition.”
The book launch will take place between 6.30pm and 8.30pm, when Sonia will talk about her new book over a glass of wine and nibbles.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 4 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 5 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 6 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 7 Have your say at virtual town meeting
- 8 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 9 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 10 Pupils become journalists for class topic