Meridian students take to the slopes
STUDENTS from a Royston school took to the slopes on a ski trip to Austria. Forty pupils from the Meridian School spent a week at the ski resort of Bad Klein Kircheim, in the Austrian Alps. Andrew Orton, who led the party, said The students were a deligh
STUDENTS from a Royston school took to the slopes on a ski trip to Austria.
Forty pupils from the Meridian School spent a week at the ski resort of Bad Klein Kircheim, in the Austrian Alps.
Andrew Orton, who led the party, said "The students were a delight - they behaved impeccably and were polite and respectful to both staff and the locals."
The students were split into four groups of varying ability, and spent two sessions a day on piste. The week culminated in a series of races against their fellow group members.
You may also want to watch:
Kelly Lucken, 15, said: "It was brilliant - I really enjoyed the whole experience and it was a great opportunity to do something different".
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 3 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator