Meridian students take to the slopes
STUDENTS from a Royston school took to the slopes on a ski trip to Austria. Forty pupils from the Meridian School spent a week at the ski resort of Bad Klein Kircheim, in the Austrian Alps. Andrew Orton, who led the party, said The students were a deligh
STUDENTS from a Royston school took to the slopes on a ski trip to Austria.
Forty pupils from the Meridian School spent a week at the ski resort of Bad Klein Kircheim, in the Austrian Alps.
Andrew Orton, who led the party, said "The students were a delight - they behaved impeccably and were polite and respectful to both staff and the locals."
The students were split into four groups of varying ability, and spent two sessions a day on piste. The week culminated in a series of races against their fellow group members.
You may also want to watch:
Kelly Lucken, 15, said: "It was brilliant - I really enjoyed the whole experience and it was a great opportunity to do something different".
- 1 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 10 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now