Meridian students set for drama
THE SECRETS of stagecraft were revealed to pupils during the Meridian School s performing arts week. A series of performances and workshops have taken place throughout the week, culminating in a concert tomorrow (Friday) featuring students from Meridian a
THE SECRETS of stagecraft were revealed to pupils during the Meridian School's performing arts week. A series of performances and workshops have taken place throughout the week, culminating in a concert tomorrow (Friday) featuring students from Meridian and several other schools in Royston.
Jenny Warburton, head of Performing Arts, said: "It's been a brilliant week. We've had pupils from across the school getting involved, and drama brings out the best in them."
Members of the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) visited Meridian on Monday, while Wednesday saw pupils perform a cabaret show, Live on the Line.
Joe Daintry, from Royston-based amateur dramatic group CADS, gave workshops on stage design and lighting.
He said: "They've been really enthusiastic, and picked things up really quickly, even the lighting systems, which are quite technical.
"It's good to introduce the children to all aspects of stagecraft, so they know that, even if they're not on stage, they can still be part of dramatic productions."
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 3 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 4 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 7 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 8 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
The pupils will be putting what they have learned into practice after the summer holidays, when they design the sets for a production of Little Shop of Horrors.