Members sought for Hertfordshire Police and Crime Panel
INDEPENDENT members are being sought to join a panel that will hold Hertfordshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner to account.
The Hertfordshire Police and Crime Panel will be a joint committee of the local authorities in the county and its role will be to support and scrutinise the new Police and Crime Commissioner who will be elected in November 2012.
The commissioner will replace the police authority and the post will give them the responsibility to cut crime, set the annual force budget and they will be able to hire – and fire – chief constables.
Each of the 11 local authorities has selected one member on the panel and at least two independent members will also be recruited.
The recruitment process is currently being conducted on behalf of the panel by Broxbourne Borough Council and the closing date for applications is August 31 2012.
You may also want to watch:
Further information about the role of independent members, eligibility criteria, an advertisement and an application form can be found at the ‘council and democracy’ section of the council’s website, www.broxbourne.gov.uk
Alternatively, members of the public are invited to call 01992 785650 for further information.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 10 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks