Meldreth care home fete raises more than £1,200
- Credit: Archant
An annual fete organised by a Meldreth care home was enjoyed by residents, staff and villagers alike.
There was plenty going on at the Maycroft Residential Home event, including lots of different stalls.
Care home manager Lynn Ward said: “After a rainy and worrying start to the day due to inclement weather, the sky cleared allowing residents and staff to enjoy opening their stalls to the local community.
“As usual the Meldreth villagers supported us so well with residents so pleased to see them visiting the home.
“Stalls included a huge raffle with all prizes provided by generous local businesses from Meldreth, Melbourn and Royston and a wonderful gardening and bric-a brac stall.
“Also, there were home-baked cakes, a tombola and refreshment stalls – and we raised more than £1,250 for the Residents Comfort Fund and Alzheimer’s UK.”
The residents will undertake their second sponsored walk on Sunday, August 19, again for the Alzheimer’s cause.
- 1 Businessman talks overcoming mental health struggles and drug addiction
- 2 Advice to residents as COVID-19 cases spike in Royston
- 3 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 4 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 5 Garden centre introduces quiet grottos for children with autism
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Happy Mondays to open 2022 UK tour with Cambridge Corn Exchange date
- 8 Passenger, Seasick Steve and Suzanne Vega among first acts announced for Cambridge Folk Festival 2022
- 9 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 10 Royston town mayor praises community spirit in Christmas message