Meldreth care home fete raises more than £1,200
- Credit: Archant
An annual fete organised by a Meldreth care home was enjoyed by residents, staff and villagers alike.
There was plenty going on at the Maycroft Residential Home event, including lots of different stalls.
Care home manager Lynn Ward said: “After a rainy and worrying start to the day due to inclement weather, the sky cleared allowing residents and staff to enjoy opening their stalls to the local community.
“As usual the Meldreth villagers supported us so well with residents so pleased to see them visiting the home.
“Stalls included a huge raffle with all prizes provided by generous local businesses from Meldreth, Melbourn and Royston and a wonderful gardening and bric-a brac stall.
You may also want to watch:
“Also, there were home-baked cakes, a tombola and refreshment stalls – and we raised more than £1,250 for the Residents Comfort Fund and Alzheimer’s UK.”
The residents will undertake their second sponsored walk on Sunday, August 19, again for the Alzheimer’s cause.
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 8 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 9 Reed break run of defeats with hard-fought draw at Harpenden
- 10 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston