Meldreth care home fete raises more than £1,200
- Credit: Archant
An annual fete organised by a Meldreth care home was enjoyed by residents, staff and villagers alike.
There was plenty going on at the Maycroft Residential Home event, including lots of different stalls.
Care home manager Lynn Ward said: “After a rainy and worrying start to the day due to inclement weather, the sky cleared allowing residents and staff to enjoy opening their stalls to the local community.
“As usual the Meldreth villagers supported us so well with residents so pleased to see them visiting the home.
“Stalls included a huge raffle with all prizes provided by generous local businesses from Meldreth, Melbourn and Royston and a wonderful gardening and bric-a brac stall.
You may also want to watch:
“Also, there were home-baked cakes, a tombola and refreshment stalls – and we raised more than £1,250 for the Residents Comfort Fund and Alzheimer’s UK.”
The residents will undertake their second sponsored walk on Sunday, August 19, again for the Alzheimer’s cause.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 3 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 The bells are back in town!
- 6 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 8 More people in Herts have been vaccinated than have had COVID-19
- 9 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn