Meldreth care home fete raises more than £1,200
- Credit: Archant
An annual fete organised by a Meldreth care home was enjoyed by residents, staff and villagers alike.
There was plenty going on at the Maycroft Residential Home event, including lots of different stalls.
Care home manager Lynn Ward said: “After a rainy and worrying start to the day due to inclement weather, the sky cleared allowing residents and staff to enjoy opening their stalls to the local community.
“As usual the Meldreth villagers supported us so well with residents so pleased to see them visiting the home.
“Stalls included a huge raffle with all prizes provided by generous local businesses from Meldreth, Melbourn and Royston and a wonderful gardening and bric-a brac stall.
You may also want to watch:
“Also, there were home-baked cakes, a tombola and refreshment stalls – and we raised more than £1,250 for the Residents Comfort Fund and Alzheimer’s UK.”
The residents will undertake their second sponsored walk on Sunday, August 19, again for the Alzheimer’s cause.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone