Meldreth pupils take part in University of Cambridge science festival
Pupils at a village school embarked on a scientific voyage of discovery as part of the University of Cambridge’s science festival.
Meldreth Primary School held it’s annual science week to coincide with the start of the festival, which began on Monday.
Sally Willian, from Meldreth Primary School, explained: “From Monday to Friday all learning at the school was based wholly around elements of science on a voyage of discovery that took in space, microbiology, forces, forensic science, rocks and geology, care and safety of the human body, computer programming, mobile phone technology, the animal kingdom and savage chemical reactions.
“The children have been able to experience many areas of science outside the boundaries of the usual school curriculum and this will have a hugely beneficial impact on their scientific knowledge and understanding. We are certain that our budding young scientists of the future will continue their learning during the Cambridge Science Festival.”
On Friday local businesses including STEM Ambassadors, Shepreth Wildlife Park, BlackBerry and Airbus Defence and Space visited the school for a series of talks and workships.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils also visited the Cambridge Science Centre and took part in use of forensic science techniques to solve a ‘crime’ around the school.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 6 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches