Melbourn Youth Club champs present cheque to charitable trust
- Credit: Archant
After raising cash for a local charity that helps young people who suffer from brain tumours, Melbourn Youth Club presented a cheque to the trust’s chief executive.
The youth club raised just under £200 for Tom’s Trust by holding a stall at Melbourn Summer Fete last month.
The young fundraisers chose the trust because it benefits young people in their area.
Lauren Clemmet, lead youth worker at the youth club said: “I’m really proud of them. They came up with the idea of fundraising themselves and chose the charity to benefit so they deserve all the credit.
“It was great to have Deborah Whiteley, chief executive of Tom’s Trust, at the session so that the young people could present the money themselves.”
You may also want to watch:
The children raised money at the fete by selling homemade cakes, friendship bracelets and jewellery.
They also ran games such as guess how many sweets in the jar and guess the name of the teddy.
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
- 6 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 7 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 8 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 9 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 10 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
Tom’s Trust supports children and their families after diagnosis of a brain tumour through a rehabilitative service called Brainbow. The trust clubbed together with two other charities to provide rehabilitation in the East of England for children with brain tumours.
Melbourn Youth Club is run by community charity Groundwork Cambridgeshire and Peterborough and is open to young people aged between 12 to 18-years-old.
It runs every Tuesday evening from 7 until 9pm at the Community Sport Pavilion, The Moor, Melbourn. For more information, contact Lisa Steeples on 07702941440 or email@example.com.