Melbourn Winter Flower Festival brings visitors from far and wide
- Credit: Archant
All Saints’ Church in Melbourn welcomed the snow and ice at the weekend, as it hosted its biannual Winter Flower Festival.
Visitors came from far and wide to see what the church’s flower arrangers came up with this year, including some creative boot combinations which were on display.
Organiser Rebecca Gatward told the Crow: “The festival was a great success, we had a good number of visitors, local and not so.
“The cold and icy weather didn’t put people off travelling and the snow was appropriate for a winter flower display.
“Those who braved the cold were rewarded by a churchyard full of aconites and snowdrops, the scent of flowers as they entered the church and a church full of imaginitive arrangements created by our talented group of arrangers.”
You may also want to watch:
This year’s festival was the eighth of its kind at the church.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm