Melbourn Winter Flower Festival brings visitors from far and wide
- Credit: Archant
All Saints’ Church in Melbourn welcomed the snow and ice at the weekend, as it hosted its biannual Winter Flower Festival.
Visitors came from far and wide to see what the church’s flower arrangers came up with this year, including some creative boot combinations which were on display.
Organiser Rebecca Gatward told the Crow: “The festival was a great success, we had a good number of visitors, local and not so.
“The cold and icy weather didn’t put people off travelling and the snow was appropriate for a winter flower display.
“Those who braved the cold were rewarded by a churchyard full of aconites and snowdrops, the scent of flowers as they entered the church and a church full of imaginitive arrangements created by our talented group of arrangers.”
You may also want to watch:
This year’s festival was the eighth of its kind at the church.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash