Melbourn Winter Flower Festival brings visitors from far and wide
- Credit: Archant
All Saints’ Church in Melbourn welcomed the snow and ice at the weekend, as it hosted its biannual Winter Flower Festival.
Visitors came from far and wide to see what the church’s flower arrangers came up with this year, including some creative boot combinations which were on display.
Organiser Rebecca Gatward told the Crow: “The festival was a great success, we had a good number of visitors, local and not so.
“The cold and icy weather didn’t put people off travelling and the snow was appropriate for a winter flower display.
“Those who braved the cold were rewarded by a churchyard full of aconites and snowdrops, the scent of flowers as they entered the church and a church full of imaginitive arrangements created by our talented group of arrangers.”
You may also want to watch:
This year’s festival was the eighth of its kind at the church.
- 1 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 2 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 3 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 6 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 8 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Candidates in North Herts prepare to stand for county council elections