South Cambs youngsters head to Melbourn Village College for Year 5 Day
- Credit: Archant
In total, 150 pupils from Fowlmere, Foxton, Meldreth, Melbourn, Hauxton and Harston primary schools attended Melbourn Village College for their annual Year 5 Day.
The youngsters – who will be choosing their secondary school in the autumn – experienced a range of subjects, including maths, science, Mandarin and English, PE, DT, art and drama.
A spokeswoman said: “They had a fantastic time and really enjoyed trying out new subjects, using the schools specialist equipment and working with other children from Melbourn’s partner primary schools.”
Kelly Coghlan, who is in charge of Melbourn’s primary liaison, said: “The pupils were exceptionally well behaved, they worked hard in all their lessons and were willing to try new things.
“We look forward to working with them in a 15 months’ time when they start at the college.”
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn’s newly-appointed prefect team spent the day with their primary visitors, chaperoning them to the lessons, showing them round the school and helping out and “did a superb job”.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 6 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 7 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result