South Cambs youngsters head to Melbourn Village College for Year 5 Day
- Credit: Archant
In total, 150 pupils from Fowlmere, Foxton, Meldreth, Melbourn, Hauxton and Harston primary schools attended Melbourn Village College for their annual Year 5 Day.
The youngsters – who will be choosing their secondary school in the autumn – experienced a range of subjects, including maths, science, Mandarin and English, PE, DT, art and drama.
A spokeswoman said: “They had a fantastic time and really enjoyed trying out new subjects, using the schools specialist equipment and working with other children from Melbourn’s partner primary schools.”
Kelly Coghlan, who is in charge of Melbourn’s primary liaison, said: “The pupils were exceptionally well behaved, they worked hard in all their lessons and were willing to try new things.
“We look forward to working with them in a 15 months’ time when they start at the college.”
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn’s newly-appointed prefect team spent the day with their primary visitors, chaperoning them to the lessons, showing them round the school and helping out and “did a superb job”.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now