South Cambs youngsters head to Melbourn Village College for Year 5 Day
- Credit: Archant
In total, 150 pupils from Fowlmere, Foxton, Meldreth, Melbourn, Hauxton and Harston primary schools attended Melbourn Village College for their annual Year 5 Day.
The youngsters – who will be choosing their secondary school in the autumn – experienced a range of subjects, including maths, science, Mandarin and English, PE, DT, art and drama.
A spokeswoman said: “They had a fantastic time and really enjoyed trying out new subjects, using the schools specialist equipment and working with other children from Melbourn’s partner primary schools.”
Kelly Coghlan, who is in charge of Melbourn’s primary liaison, said: “The pupils were exceptionally well behaved, they worked hard in all their lessons and were willing to try new things.
“We look forward to working with them in a 15 months’ time when they start at the college.”
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn’s newly-appointed prefect team spent the day with their primary visitors, chaperoning them to the lessons, showing them round the school and helping out and “did a superb job”.
- 1 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 4 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 7 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange