South Cambs youngsters head to Melbourn Village College for Year 5 Day
- Credit: Archant
In total, 150 pupils from Fowlmere, Foxton, Meldreth, Melbourn, Hauxton and Harston primary schools attended Melbourn Village College for their annual Year 5 Day.
The youngsters – who will be choosing their secondary school in the autumn – experienced a range of subjects, including maths, science, Mandarin and English, PE, DT, art and drama.
A spokeswoman said: “They had a fantastic time and really enjoyed trying out new subjects, using the schools specialist equipment and working with other children from Melbourn’s partner primary schools.”
Kelly Coghlan, who is in charge of Melbourn’s primary liaison, said: “The pupils were exceptionally well behaved, they worked hard in all their lessons and were willing to try new things.
“We look forward to working with them in a 15 months’ time when they start at the college.”
Melbourn’s newly-appointed prefect team spent the day with their primary visitors, chaperoning them to the lessons, showing them round the school and helping out and “did a superb job”.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure