Melbourn Village College set to join Comberton Academy
- Credit: Archant
A VILLAGE College is set to become part of an academy from September.
Melbourn Village College will join the Comberton Academy Trust under proposals revealed this week.
A consultation period is currently taking place ahead of the move, which will see Melbourn and Comberton build on existing links between the two schools and share many costs.
Melbourn Principal Simon Holmes said: “I am very excited by this opportunity and the possibilities it opens up for Melbourn Village College students and staff. Over the past few years results at the college have shown our pupils making consistently high progress but we are always actively seeking ways to keep moving the college forwards. This move is a logical next step for us and the best way to ensure that students at all the Trust Academies get the best possible educational experience and preparation for life.”
For the full story, see Thursday’s Crow.
You may also want to watch:
*Are you a pupil, or parent of a pupil, at Melbourn Village College? What do you think of this news? Email email@example.com, call 07785 616246 or tweet us @roystoncrow.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 5 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses