Melbourn Village College set to join Comberton Academy
- Credit: Archant
A VILLAGE College is set to become part of an academy from September.
Melbourn Village College will join the Comberton Academy Trust under proposals revealed this week.
A consultation period is currently taking place ahead of the move, which will see Melbourn and Comberton build on existing links between the two schools and share many costs.
Melbourn Principal Simon Holmes said: “I am very excited by this opportunity and the possibilities it opens up for Melbourn Village College students and staff. Over the past few years results at the college have shown our pupils making consistently high progress but we are always actively seeking ways to keep moving the college forwards. This move is a logical next step for us and the best way to ensure that students at all the Trust Academies get the best possible educational experience and preparation for life.”
For the full story, see Thursday’s Crow.
You may also want to watch:
*Are you a pupil, or parent of a pupil, at Melbourn Village College? What do you think of this news? Email email@example.com, call 07785 616246 or tweet us @roystoncrow.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 6 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 The bells are back in town!
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation