Melbourn Village College set to join Comberton Academy
- Credit: Archant
A VILLAGE College is set to become part of an academy from September.
Melbourn Village College will join the Comberton Academy Trust under proposals revealed this week.
A consultation period is currently taking place ahead of the move, which will see Melbourn and Comberton build on existing links between the two schools and share many costs.
Melbourn Principal Simon Holmes said: “I am very excited by this opportunity and the possibilities it opens up for Melbourn Village College students and staff. Over the past few years results at the college have shown our pupils making consistently high progress but we are always actively seeking ways to keep moving the college forwards. This move is a logical next step for us and the best way to ensure that students at all the Trust Academies get the best possible educational experience and preparation for life.”
For the full story, see Thursday’s Crow.
You may also want to watch:
*Are you a pupil, or parent of a pupil, at Melbourn Village College? What do you think of this news? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 07785 616246 or tweet us @roystoncrow.
- 1 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 2 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 3 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 8 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 9 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'