Melbourn Village College set to join Comberton Academy
- Credit: Archant
A VILLAGE College is set to become part of an academy from September.
Melbourn Village College will join the Comberton Academy Trust under proposals revealed this week.
A consultation period is currently taking place ahead of the move, which will see Melbourn and Comberton build on existing links between the two schools and share many costs.
Melbourn Principal Simon Holmes said: “I am very excited by this opportunity and the possibilities it opens up for Melbourn Village College students and staff. Over the past few years results at the college have shown our pupils making consistently high progress but we are always actively seeking ways to keep moving the college forwards. This move is a logical next step for us and the best way to ensure that students at all the Trust Academies get the best possible educational experience and preparation for life.”
For the full story, see Thursday’s Crow.
You may also want to watch:
*Are you a pupil, or parent of a pupil, at Melbourn Village College? What do you think of this news? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 07785 616246 or tweet us @roystoncrow.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator