Melbourn Veterinary Surgery raises money for school’s library fund
- Credit: Archant
A veterinary practice has raised money for a school’s library fund.
Melbourn Veterinary Surgery in Mortlock Street held a Christmas raffle in support of Melbourn Primary School’s library fund.
Clients and visitors to the surgery bought raffle tickets and a total of £500 was donated to the school.
Tina Davey, veterinary surgeon and owner of the practice, contributed a large selection of goods for the prize including a Christmas cake, wine and chocolates.
The winning ticket was drawn by two-year-old Rosie Chandler, a member of Melbourn Playgroup, which is based at the primary school.
You may also want to watch:
She was assisted by Year 3 pupils Max and Carter Mulbey.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 8 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn