Melbourn Sports Centre reopens with safety measures in place
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Sports Centre has reopened with social distancing and sanitation rules to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
The sports centre reopened at the end of last month, and has had a “reassuringly good” response from gym users and swimmers.
While opening numbers have been reduced and user numbers restricted, the centre is still holding children’s summer activities with extra safety measures.
Facilities manager Graham Johnson-Mack said: “We’ve managed to put on our Ofsted-registered summer Playscheme, which has been a great success so far, with new safety procedures introduced, including allocated pens and equipment for each attending child.
“The different activities offered include trampolining, art, swimming and lots of outdoor games, all arranged with social distancing in mind and overseen by qualified staff.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more go to www.mc-sport.co.uk
- 1 Road closed after 'serious' crash on A10
- 2 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 3 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 4 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 8 Olly Murs looking forward to touring again
- 9 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 10 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire