Melbourn Sports Centre reopens with safety measures in place
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Sports Centre has reopened with social distancing and sanitation rules to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
The sports centre reopened at the end of last month, and has had a “reassuringly good” response from gym users and swimmers.
While opening numbers have been reduced and user numbers restricted, the centre is still holding children’s summer activities with extra safety measures.
Facilities manager Graham Johnson-Mack said: “We’ve managed to put on our Ofsted-registered summer Playscheme, which has been a great success so far, with new safety procedures introduced, including allocated pens and equipment for each attending child.
“The different activities offered include trampolining, art, swimming and lots of outdoor games, all arranged with social distancing in mind and overseen by qualified staff.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more go to www.mc-sport.co.uk
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses