Melbourn Sports Centre reopens with safety measures in place
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Sports Centre has reopened with social distancing and sanitation rules to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
The sports centre reopened at the end of last month, and has had a “reassuringly good” response from gym users and swimmers.
While opening numbers have been reduced and user numbers restricted, the centre is still holding children’s summer activities with extra safety measures.
Facilities manager Graham Johnson-Mack said: “We’ve managed to put on our Ofsted-registered summer Playscheme, which has been a great success so far, with new safety procedures introduced, including allocated pens and equipment for each attending child.
“The different activities offered include trampolining, art, swimming and lots of outdoor games, all arranged with social distancing in mind and overseen by qualified staff.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more go to www.mc-sport.co.uk
- 1 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 4 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford