Melbourn Sports Centre pool reopens after repair work carried out
- Credit: Archant
The team at Melbourn Sports Centre are celebrating the reopening of its 25-year-old swimming pool after essential repair work was carried out last month.
The upgrade was achieved thanks to fundraisers and the generous sponsorship of Melbourn’s TTP Group.
Centre manager Graham Johnson-Mack said: “We’re happy that this vital work has been completed, which will hopefully result in the pool’s continuing to function properly for future generations to enjoy and learn to swim in.
“We’ve had a lot of fun as well as some much-needed funding raised through various events and activities.”
There are still plenty of opportunities for young sport enthusiasts to get involved in a host of summer activities at Melbourn, including fully registered children’s playschemes and snorkelling.
You may also want to watch:
The centre will also be continuing fundraising events into the autumn, with book sales at the facility and a car boot sale this Sunday from 10am to 2pm.
Full details can be found at www.mc-sport.co.uk or by calling 01763 263313.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day