Melbourn Sports Centre pool reopens after repair work carried out
- Credit: Archant
The team at Melbourn Sports Centre are celebrating the reopening of its 25-year-old swimming pool after essential repair work was carried out last month.
The upgrade was achieved thanks to fundraisers and the generous sponsorship of Melbourn’s TTP Group.
Centre manager Graham Johnson-Mack said: “We’re happy that this vital work has been completed, which will hopefully result in the pool’s continuing to function properly for future generations to enjoy and learn to swim in.
“We’ve had a lot of fun as well as some much-needed funding raised through various events and activities.”
There are still plenty of opportunities for young sport enthusiasts to get involved in a host of summer activities at Melbourn, including fully registered children’s playschemes and snorkelling.
You may also want to watch:
The centre will also be continuing fundraising events into the autumn, with book sales at the facility and a car boot sale this Sunday from 10am to 2pm.
Full details can be found at www.mc-sport.co.uk or by calling 01763 263313.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims