Melbourn school set for summer fayre
- Credit: Archant
Preparations are well under way for a school’s spring fayre.
Melbourn Primary School Spring Fayre takes place on Saturday, May 10, with more than 1,000 people expected to attend.
The annual event is well established as one of the highlights of the village calendar, with the school’s Parent Teacher and Friends Association (PTFA) aiming to raise £50,000 towards sports and play equipment.
It is hoped there will be enough money raised on the day for new outside play equipment, including climbing frames for Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 pupils, as well an all-weather playing surface.
PTFA chairman Sian Bolitho said, “We have an exciting day planned and a good range of stalls is an essential part of the mix. There will be plenty of parents and I’m sure a little pester power from the kids. I expect lots of fun and a good day’s business.”
Attractions on the day, which runs from midday until 3pm, include arena events, barbecue, inflatables, steam train rides, ice cream van, face painting and a book and DVD stall.
There will also be a range of challenges of skill and chance run by the pupils, parents and teachers of Melbourn Primary School.
- 1 Street Food Heroes return to Royston
- 2 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 3 Last-ball victory keeps Reed on the rise up the Championship
- 4 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 5 A-level results 2022: When is results day and what can I expect?
- 6 Grandad celebrates 18th sailing championship win
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 9 Vintage tractor run to raise money for churches
- 10 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
For those interested in having a stall, pitches cost £5 with a stall holder form available from email@example.com