Melbourn school set for summer fayre
- Credit: Archant
Preparations are well under way for a school’s spring fayre.
Melbourn Primary School Spring Fayre takes place on Saturday, May 10, with more than 1,000 people expected to attend.
The annual event is well established as one of the highlights of the village calendar, with the school’s Parent Teacher and Friends Association (PTFA) aiming to raise £50,000 towards sports and play equipment.
It is hoped there will be enough money raised on the day for new outside play equipment, including climbing frames for Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 pupils, as well an all-weather playing surface.
PTFA chairman Sian Bolitho said, “We have an exciting day planned and a good range of stalls is an essential part of the mix. There will be plenty of parents and I’m sure a little pester power from the kids. I expect lots of fun and a good day’s business.”
Attractions on the day, which runs from midday until 3pm, include arena events, barbecue, inflatables, steam train rides, ice cream van, face painting and a book and DVD stall.
There will also be a range of challenges of skill and chance run by the pupils, parents and teachers of Melbourn Primary School.
- 1 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 2 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 9 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 10 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
For those interested in having a stall, pitches cost £5 with a stall holder form available from firstname.lastname@example.org