Melbourn school set for summer fayre
- Credit: Archant
Preparations are well under way for a school’s spring fayre.
Melbourn Primary School Spring Fayre takes place on Saturday, May 10, with more than 1,000 people expected to attend.
The annual event is well established as one of the highlights of the village calendar, with the school’s Parent Teacher and Friends Association (PTFA) aiming to raise £50,000 towards sports and play equipment.
It is hoped there will be enough money raised on the day for new outside play equipment, including climbing frames for Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 pupils, as well an all-weather playing surface.
PTFA chairman Sian Bolitho said, “We have an exciting day planned and a good range of stalls is an essential part of the mix. There will be plenty of parents and I’m sure a little pester power from the kids. I expect lots of fun and a good day’s business.”
You may also want to watch:
Attractions on the day, which runs from midday until 3pm, include arena events, barbecue, inflatables, steam train rides, ice cream van, face painting and a book and DVD stall.
There will also be a range of challenges of skill and chance run by the pupils, parents and teachers of Melbourn Primary School.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
For those interested in having a stall, pitches cost £5 with a stall holder form available from email@example.com