Melbourn school set for summer fayre
- Credit: Archant
Preparations are well under way for a school’s spring fayre.
Melbourn Primary School Spring Fayre takes place on Saturday, May 10, with more than 1,000 people expected to attend.
The annual event is well established as one of the highlights of the village calendar, with the school’s Parent Teacher and Friends Association (PTFA) aiming to raise £50,000 towards sports and play equipment.
It is hoped there will be enough money raised on the day for new outside play equipment, including climbing frames for Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 pupils, as well an all-weather playing surface.
PTFA chairman Sian Bolitho said, “We have an exciting day planned and a good range of stalls is an essential part of the mix. There will be plenty of parents and I’m sure a little pester power from the kids. I expect lots of fun and a good day’s business.”
You may also want to watch:
Attractions on the day, which runs from midday until 3pm, include arena events, barbecue, inflatables, steam train rides, ice cream van, face painting and a book and DVD stall.
There will also be a range of challenges of skill and chance run by the pupils, parents and teachers of Melbourn Primary School.
- 1 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 2 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 3 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 4 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 5 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 6 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 7 Send us photos of your exotic pets!
- 8 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 9 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 10 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
For those interested in having a stall, pitches cost £5 with a stall holder form available from firstname.lastname@example.org