Melbourn school set for summer fayre
- Credit: Archant
Preparations are well under way for a school’s spring fayre.
Melbourn Primary School Spring Fayre takes place on Saturday, May 10, with more than 1,000 people expected to attend.
The annual event is well established as one of the highlights of the village calendar, with the school’s Parent Teacher and Friends Association (PTFA) aiming to raise £50,000 towards sports and play equipment.
It is hoped there will be enough money raised on the day for new outside play equipment, including climbing frames for Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 pupils, as well an all-weather playing surface.
PTFA chairman Sian Bolitho said, “We have an exciting day planned and a good range of stalls is an essential part of the mix. There will be plenty of parents and I’m sure a little pester power from the kids. I expect lots of fun and a good day’s business.”
You may also want to watch:
Attractions on the day, which runs from midday until 3pm, include arena events, barbecue, inflatables, steam train rides, ice cream van, face painting and a book and DVD stall.
There will also be a range of challenges of skill and chance run by the pupils, parents and teachers of Melbourn Primary School.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
For those interested in having a stall, pitches cost £5 with a stall holder form available from email@example.com