Melbourn Parish Council by-election results
- Credit: Archant
People in Melbourn have elected eight councillors into the parish council in the village’s first by-election for more than 30 years.
Yesterday’s vote was triggered after 12 councillors resigned this year and council meetings were subsequently suspended.
An election wasn’t called after the first four councillors resigned, so these seats will now be decided by co-option.
The results were:
Diana Elizabeth Barker 344
You may also want to watch:
Irene Bloomfield 270
Nikki Cross 665 ELECTED
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
Jose Hales 786 ELECTED
Kerry Harrington 603 ELECTED
Sally Ann Hart 672 ELECTED
Steve Kilmurray 550 ELECTED
Andrew Phillip Mulcock 264
Julie Amanda Norman 629 ELECTED
John Regan 604 ELECTED
Jane Shepherd 493
Sashi Siva 608 ELECTED
The turnout was 28.13 per cent.