Melbourn Parish Council by-election results
- Credit: Archant
People in Melbourn have elected eight councillors into the parish council in the village’s first by-election for more than 30 years.
Yesterday’s vote was triggered after 12 councillors resigned this year and council meetings were subsequently suspended.
An election wasn’t called after the first four councillors resigned, so these seats will now be decided by co-option.
The results were:
Diana Elizabeth Barker 344
You may also want to watch:
Irene Bloomfield 270
Nikki Cross 665 ELECTED
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
Jose Hales 786 ELECTED
Kerry Harrington 603 ELECTED
Sally Ann Hart 672 ELECTED
Steve Kilmurray 550 ELECTED
Andrew Phillip Mulcock 264
Julie Amanda Norman 629 ELECTED
John Regan 604 ELECTED
Jane Shepherd 493
Sashi Siva 608 ELECTED
The turnout was 28.13 per cent.