Melbourn Parish Council by-election results
- Credit: Archant
People in Melbourn have elected eight councillors into the parish council in the village’s first by-election for more than 30 years.
Yesterday’s vote was triggered after 12 councillors resigned this year and council meetings were subsequently suspended.
An election wasn’t called after the first four councillors resigned, so these seats will now be decided by co-option.
The results were:
Diana Elizabeth Barker 344
Irene Bloomfield 270
Nikki Cross 665 ELECTED
- 1 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 2 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 5 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 6 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Children invited to take part in town trail for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Royston Methodists welcome leading figures to church
- 10 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
Jose Hales 786 ELECTED
Kerry Harrington 603 ELECTED
Sally Ann Hart 672 ELECTED
Steve Kilmurray 550 ELECTED
Andrew Phillip Mulcock 264
Julie Amanda Norman 629 ELECTED
John Regan 604 ELECTED
Jane Shepherd 493
Sashi Siva 608 ELECTED
The turnout was 28.13 per cent.