Melbourn Hub celebrates fifth birthday
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Hub is celebrating five years of service to the community.
The community-run service has continued to grow since its launch five years ago, providing leisure, art, food and drink and educational services to the residents of Melbourn and surrounds.
John Travis, the hub’s trustees chair, said: “The community is rightly proud of the hub and the important role it now has – not just for Melbourn, but for all nearby villages.
“As a charity, we offer convenient and valuable services to the broadest possible range of users. We are particularly proud of our support not just to the very young, parents and elderly residents, but also to the vulnerable groups such as those with disabilities or mental health problems.
“The future is exciting. We toast our continuing success for another five years and beyond!”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Melbourn Hub, call 01763 263303 or go to melbournhub.co.uk.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 5 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 9 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 10 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town