Melbourn Hub celebrates fifth birthday
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Hub is celebrating five years of service to the community.
The community-run service has continued to grow since its launch five years ago, providing leisure, art, food and drink and educational services to the residents of Melbourn and surrounds.
John Travis, the hub’s trustees chair, said: “The community is rightly proud of the hub and the important role it now has – not just for Melbourn, but for all nearby villages.
“As a charity, we offer convenient and valuable services to the broadest possible range of users. We are particularly proud of our support not just to the very young, parents and elderly residents, but also to the vulnerable groups such as those with disabilities or mental health problems.
“The future is exciting. We toast our continuing success for another five years and beyond!”
For more information on Melbourn Hub, call 01763 263303 or go to melbournhub.co.uk.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 8 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 9 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages