Meet the football buffs!
LITLINGTON Athletic s footballers have a new-look line-up for a fund-raising calendar. The football team nearly folded last season through a lack of funding and came up with a cheeky eye-watering 2009 calendar idea to raise spirits, funds, and eyebrows. T
LITLINGTON Athletic's footballers have a new-look line-up for a fund-raising calendar.
The football team nearly folded last season through a lack of funding and came up with a cheeky eye-watering 2009 calendar idea to raise spirits, funds, and eyebrows.
The club has had to reduce its number of teams from four to two and has been heavily fundraising during the past eight months.
The photos were taken at the Crown pub in Litlington and in away changing rooms at recent matches.
Assistant manager James Evans said: "In preparation the players have been on a strict fitness routine and have been placed on a special dietary course which includes large amounts of protein through team curry nights and rehydration sessions throughout many public houses in Royston.
"You will see all their hard work has paid off in the photos giving a true representation of village football.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
"The calendar's primary purpose is to make some money but we also hope to see a benefit on the pitch as the calendar will no doubt lull some teams into a false sense of security!"
The calendar is published today (Thursday) and copies are available from the Crown pub or by calling 07834 813854.
Although only 50 copies have been produced - available at £10 each - the club can print more if required.
Litlington Athletic is also looking for new players and a sponsor, and if anyone is interested they should call the number above.