Mayor thanks Tesco after “massive” help
AS ROYSTON town mayor Cllr Martin Beaver’s tenure approaches its end, he has issued his thanks to some of those that have helped him throughout the year.
Cllr Beaver, a security guard at Tesco in Old North Road, has been able to attend almost 300 functions and events this year thanks partly to the co-operation of the supermarket.
He said: “Without Tesco, who have helped me massively throughout the year, I couldn’t have gone to as many events as I have done.
“I can’t thank them enough for their co-operation. People have changed holiday dates and moved shifts around just to suit me, and I couldn’t be more grateful.”
Cllr Beaver also thanked Tesco community champion Mandy Jinkerson for her hard work throughout the year, and presented The Crow with a special certificate of thanks for the coverage of his activities and charity work.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Beaver will be replaced by Cllr Robert Inwood on May 9.
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Where to get a walk-in Covid-19 vaccine in Cambridgeshire this weekend