Mayor thanks Tesco after “massive” help
AS ROYSTON town mayor Cllr Martin Beaver’s tenure approaches its end, he has issued his thanks to some of those that have helped him throughout the year.
Cllr Beaver, a security guard at Tesco in Old North Road, has been able to attend almost 300 functions and events this year thanks partly to the co-operation of the supermarket.
He said: “Without Tesco, who have helped me massively throughout the year, I couldn’t have gone to as many events as I have done.
“I can’t thank them enough for their co-operation. People have changed holiday dates and moved shifts around just to suit me, and I couldn’t be more grateful.”
Cllr Beaver also thanked Tesco community champion Mandy Jinkerson for her hard work throughout the year, and presented The Crow with a special certificate of thanks for the coverage of his activities and charity work.
Cllr Beaver will be replaced by Cllr Robert Inwood on May 9.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure