Mayor thanks Tesco after “massive” help
AS ROYSTON town mayor Cllr Martin Beaver’s tenure approaches its end, he has issued his thanks to some of those that have helped him throughout the year.
Cllr Beaver, a security guard at Tesco in Old North Road, has been able to attend almost 300 functions and events this year thanks partly to the co-operation of the supermarket.
He said: “Without Tesco, who have helped me massively throughout the year, I couldn’t have gone to as many events as I have done.
“I can’t thank them enough for their co-operation. People have changed holiday dates and moved shifts around just to suit me, and I couldn’t be more grateful.”
Cllr Beaver also thanked Tesco community champion Mandy Jinkerson for her hard work throughout the year, and presented The Crow with a special certificate of thanks for the coverage of his activities and charity work.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Beaver will be replaced by Cllr Robert Inwood on May 9.
- 1 Woman in her 50s killed in crash between Melbourn and Royston
- 2 Road closed after 'serious' crash on A10
- 3 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 4 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 8 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 9 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 10 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire