Mayor thanks Tesco after “massive” help
AS ROYSTON town mayor Cllr Martin Beaver’s tenure approaches its end, he has issued his thanks to some of those that have helped him throughout the year.
Cllr Beaver, a security guard at Tesco in Old North Road, has been able to attend almost 300 functions and events this year thanks partly to the co-operation of the supermarket.
He said: “Without Tesco, who have helped me massively throughout the year, I couldn’t have gone to as many events as I have done.
“I can’t thank them enough for their co-operation. People have changed holiday dates and moved shifts around just to suit me, and I couldn’t be more grateful.”
Cllr Beaver also thanked Tesco community champion Mandy Jinkerson for her hard work throughout the year, and presented The Crow with a special certificate of thanks for the coverage of his activities and charity work.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Beaver will be replaced by Cllr Robert Inwood on May 9.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown