Mayor thanks Tesco after “massive” help
AS ROYSTON town mayor Cllr Martin Beaver’s tenure approaches its end, he has issued his thanks to some of those that have helped him throughout the year.
Cllr Beaver, a security guard at Tesco in Old North Road, has been able to attend almost 300 functions and events this year thanks partly to the co-operation of the supermarket.
He said: “Without Tesco, who have helped me massively throughout the year, I couldn’t have gone to as many events as I have done.
“I can’t thank them enough for their co-operation. People have changed holiday dates and moved shifts around just to suit me, and I couldn’t be more grateful.”
Cllr Beaver also thanked Tesco community champion Mandy Jinkerson for her hard work throughout the year, and presented The Crow with a special certificate of thanks for the coverage of his activities and charity work.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Beaver will be replaced by Cllr Robert Inwood on May 9.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash