Mayor tees off for charity
ROYSTON S mayor teed off last week when he hosted a charity golf day. Cllr Rod Kennedy took to the course at Royston Golf Club to raise cash for his mayoral charities. This year s event saw 22 teams take part, with the players from electronics firm LDS co
ROYSTON'S mayor teed off last week when he hosted a charity golf day.
Cllr Rod Kennedy took to the course at Royston Golf Club to raise cash for his mayoral charities.
This year's event saw 22 teams take part, with the players from electronics firm LDS coming out on top, with a score of 90.
Cllr Kennedy said: "Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves and were very complimentary about the course.
You may also want to watch:
"I won't say too much about my tee shot though!"
Early indications are that the event has raised �2,250, which will be split between the Royston town council community chest, emergency medical charity Magpas, and the East of England Air Ambulance service.
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show