Mayor tees off for charity
ROYSTON S mayor teed off last week when he hosted a charity golf day. Cllr Rod Kennedy took to the course at Royston Golf Club to raise cash for his mayoral charities. This year s event saw 22 teams take part, with the players from electronics firm LDS co
ROYSTON'S mayor teed off last week when he hosted a charity golf day.
Cllr Rod Kennedy took to the course at Royston Golf Club to raise cash for his mayoral charities.
This year's event saw 22 teams take part, with the players from electronics firm LDS coming out on top, with a score of 90.
Cllr Kennedy said: "Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves and were very complimentary about the course.
You may also want to watch:
"I won't say too much about my tee shot though!"
Early indications are that the event has raised �2,250, which will be split between the Royston town council community chest, emergency medical charity Magpas, and the East of England Air Ambulance service.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange