Mayor tees off for charity
ROYSTON S mayor teed off last week when he hosted a charity golf day. Cllr Rod Kennedy took to the course at Royston Golf Club to raise cash for his mayoral charities. This year s event saw 22 teams take part, with the players from electronics firm LDS co
ROYSTON'S mayor teed off last week when he hosted a charity golf day.
Cllr Rod Kennedy took to the course at Royston Golf Club to raise cash for his mayoral charities.
This year's event saw 22 teams take part, with the players from electronics firm LDS coming out on top, with a score of 90.
Cllr Kennedy said: "Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves and were very complimentary about the course.
You may also want to watch:
"I won't say too much about my tee shot though!"
Early indications are that the event has raised �2,250, which will be split between the Royston town council community chest, emergency medical charity Magpas, and the East of England Air Ambulance service.
- 1 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 2 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 3 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 8 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 9 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'