Mayor tees off for charity
ROYSTON S mayor teed off last week when he hosted a charity golf day. Cllr Rod Kennedy took to the course at Royston Golf Club to raise cash for his mayoral charities. This year s event saw 22 teams take part, with the players from electronics firm LDS co
ROYSTON'S mayor teed off last week when he hosted a charity golf day.
Cllr Rod Kennedy took to the course at Royston Golf Club to raise cash for his mayoral charities.
This year's event saw 22 teams take part, with the players from electronics firm LDS coming out on top, with a score of 90.
Cllr Kennedy said: "Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves and were very complimentary about the course.
You may also want to watch:
"I won't say too much about my tee shot though!"
Early indications are that the event has raised �2,250, which will be split between the Royston town council community chest, emergency medical charity Magpas, and the East of England Air Ambulance service.
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
- 6 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 9 Luton Airport flight path public consultation in final weeks
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn