Mayor’s Community Trust Fund 2018 award winners announced in Royston
- Credit: Archant
The Royston town mayor has handed out monetary awards to organisations which benefit the community.
Royston Arts Society, the town’s branch of Rotary, Home-Start Royston & South Cambs, Speak Out Club, Royston’s photographic society, Royston & District Girlguiding, and Team Paula were all winners of the The Mayor’s Community Trust Fund awards.
Team Paula was awarded £500 in memory of Royston woman Paula Noble, whose family are fundraising for research and treatment into sepsis after her sudden death aged 57.
There were also awards in recognition for services to the town, most notably to Councillor Rita Turner, who died in December last year.
Mayor Vera Swallow said: “The money has been handed out to very good causes that help make life that bit better.
You may also want to watch:
“Events in our town are phenomenal. Togetherness, kindness and sheer hard work of so many people help keep events in our town alive. and a big thank you to those who take the time and energy to achieve that.”
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 3 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 4 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 5 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 10 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns