Mayor’s Community Trust Fund 2018 award winners announced in Royston
- Credit: Archant
The Royston town mayor has handed out monetary awards to organisations which benefit the community.
Royston Arts Society, the town’s branch of Rotary, Home-Start Royston & South Cambs, Speak Out Club, Royston’s photographic society, Royston & District Girlguiding, and Team Paula were all winners of the The Mayor’s Community Trust Fund awards.
Team Paula was awarded £500 in memory of Royston woman Paula Noble, whose family are fundraising for research and treatment into sepsis after her sudden death aged 57.
There were also awards in recognition for services to the town, most notably to Councillor Rita Turner, who died in December last year.
Mayor Vera Swallow said: “The money has been handed out to very good causes that help make life that bit better.
You may also want to watch:
“Events in our town are phenomenal. Togetherness, kindness and sheer hard work of so many people help keep events in our town alive. and a big thank you to those who take the time and energy to achieve that.”
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 4 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 5 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week