Mayor’s Community Trust Fund 2018 award winners announced in Royston
- Credit: Archant
The Royston town mayor has handed out monetary awards to organisations which benefit the community.
Royston Arts Society, the town’s branch of Rotary, Home-Start Royston & South Cambs, Speak Out Club, Royston’s photographic society, Royston & District Girlguiding, and Team Paula were all winners of the The Mayor’s Community Trust Fund awards.
Team Paula was awarded £500 in memory of Royston woman Paula Noble, whose family are fundraising for research and treatment into sepsis after her sudden death aged 57.
There were also awards in recognition for services to the town, most notably to Councillor Rita Turner, who died in December last year.
Mayor Vera Swallow said: “The money has been handed out to very good causes that help make life that bit better.
You may also want to watch:
“Events in our town are phenomenal. Togetherness, kindness and sheer hard work of so many people help keep events in our town alive. and a big thank you to those who take the time and energy to achieve that.”
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 5 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses