Mayor’s charity evening success
ROYSTON town mayor Cllr Martin Beaver held a charity evening with added spice at an Indian and Nepalese restaurant on Monday.
Over �1,500 was raised at Yuva in Bassingbourn with prizes being auctioned off to the 60 guests that attended.
Cllr Beaver said: “I was taken back by how generous everyone was and how much people bid. I must thank those people whose bid were successful.”
�465.35 was raised through the auction, with �215 coming from a raffle. The rest was made up by donations.
“I can’t find the word to express my gratitude to Yuva, particularly Mr Khan, Amran, Alanin, Aubarand the chef Altaf who worked so hard and gave so much to make the event one that everyone who will attend will remember for a long time.”
You may also want to watch:
The money will go towards the mayor’s charities, the Royal British Legion and The Bobby Moore Cancer Fund.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter