Mayor’s charity evening success
ROYSTON town mayor Cllr Martin Beaver held a charity evening with added spice at an Indian and Nepalese restaurant on Monday.
Over �1,500 was raised at Yuva in Bassingbourn with prizes being auctioned off to the 60 guests that attended.
Cllr Beaver said: “I was taken back by how generous everyone was and how much people bid. I must thank those people whose bid were successful.”
�465.35 was raised through the auction, with �215 coming from a raffle. The rest was made up by donations.
“I can’t find the word to express my gratitude to Yuva, particularly Mr Khan, Amran, Alanin, Aubarand the chef Altaf who worked so hard and gave so much to make the event one that everyone who will attend will remember for a long time.”
You may also want to watch:
The money will go towards the mayor’s charities, the Royal British Legion and The Bobby Moore Cancer Fund.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 6 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 10 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival