Mayor’s charity evening success
ROYSTON town mayor Cllr Martin Beaver held a charity evening with added spice at an Indian and Nepalese restaurant on Monday.
Over �1,500 was raised at Yuva in Bassingbourn with prizes being auctioned off to the 60 guests that attended.
Cllr Beaver said: “I was taken back by how generous everyone was and how much people bid. I must thank those people whose bid were successful.”
�465.35 was raised through the auction, with �215 coming from a raffle. The rest was made up by donations.
“I can’t find the word to express my gratitude to Yuva, particularly Mr Khan, Amran, Alanin, Aubarand the chef Altaf who worked so hard and gave so much to make the event one that everyone who will attend will remember for a long time.”
You may also want to watch:
The money will go towards the mayor’s charities, the Royal British Legion and The Bobby Moore Cancer Fund.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 3 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy
- 10 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021