Mayor’s charity evening success
ROYSTON town mayor Cllr Martin Beaver held a charity evening with added spice at an Indian and Nepalese restaurant on Monday.
Over �1,500 was raised at Yuva in Bassingbourn with prizes being auctioned off to the 60 guests that attended.
Cllr Beaver said: “I was taken back by how generous everyone was and how much people bid. I must thank those people whose bid were successful.”
�465.35 was raised through the auction, with �215 coming from a raffle. The rest was made up by donations.
“I can’t find the word to express my gratitude to Yuva, particularly Mr Khan, Amran, Alanin, Aubarand the chef Altaf who worked so hard and gave so much to make the event one that everyone who will attend will remember for a long time.”
You may also want to watch:
The money will go towards the mayor’s charities, the Royal British Legion and The Bobby Moore Cancer Fund.
- 1 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 4 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange