Mayor presents Johnson Matthey with community award
ROYSTON S mayor Rod Kennedy has presented Johnson Matthey with an award to mark their contribution to town life. Cllr Kennedy presented the gong to Johnson Matthey s John Gourd last week. He said: The Mayor has the privilege of being able to present Co
ROYSTON'S mayor Rod Kennedy has presented Johnson Matthey with an award to mark their contribution to town life.
Cllr Kennedy presented the gong to Johnson Matthey's John Gourd last week.
He said: "The Mayor has the privilege of being able to present Community Service Awards to those people and companies who the Mayor considers have made a valuable contribution to Royston.
"When this year's awards were presented at the annual town meeting, John Gourd was away on business and unable to accept his Award.
You may also want to watch:
"I was very pleased to present John with his award as recognition of the major contribution John and Johnson Matthey made to establishing Royston First."
Leading precious metals firm Johnson Matthey were instrumental in the establishment of the Royston First Business Improvement District company, and support many community projects in the town.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
"We should all be proud that in Royston one of the world's major technology driven companies has its global headquarters and technology development and manufacturing centres," said Cllr Kennedy.
"Johnson Matthey's prosperity is vitally important to our local economy and I thank them on behalf of the people of Royston for the all the support they give to the town."
Mr Gourd said: "It was an honour to receive the award. Johnson Matthey is proud of its relationship with the local community and, through its charitable donations and efforts, endeavours to support as many organisations as it can.
"It is also pleasing to see the positive benefits that Royston First has brought to the town in its first year of operation and I would like to thank the Mayor for his support since the inception of the scheme," he said.