Mayor presents Johnson Matthey with community award
ROYSTON S mayor Rod Kennedy has presented Johnson Matthey with an award to mark their contribution to town life. Cllr Kennedy presented the gong to Johnson Matthey s John Gourd last week. He said: The Mayor has the privilege of being able to present Co
ROYSTON'S mayor Rod Kennedy has presented Johnson Matthey with an award to mark their contribution to town life.
Cllr Kennedy presented the gong to Johnson Matthey's John Gourd last week.
He said: "The Mayor has the privilege of being able to present Community Service Awards to those people and companies who the Mayor considers have made a valuable contribution to Royston.
"When this year's awards were presented at the annual town meeting, John Gourd was away on business and unable to accept his Award.
You may also want to watch:
"I was very pleased to present John with his award as recognition of the major contribution John and Johnson Matthey made to establishing Royston First."
Leading precious metals firm Johnson Matthey were instrumental in the establishment of the Royston First Business Improvement District company, and support many community projects in the town.
- 1 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 4 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 5 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 6 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
"We should all be proud that in Royston one of the world's major technology driven companies has its global headquarters and technology development and manufacturing centres," said Cllr Kennedy.
"Johnson Matthey's prosperity is vitally important to our local economy and I thank them on behalf of the people of Royston for the all the support they give to the town."
Mr Gourd said: "It was an honour to receive the award. Johnson Matthey is proud of its relationship with the local community and, through its charitable donations and efforts, endeavours to support as many organisations as it can.
"It is also pleasing to see the positive benefits that Royston First has brought to the town in its first year of operation and I would like to thank the Mayor for his support since the inception of the scheme," he said.