Mayor enjoys charity Beyonce tribute
ROYSTON fell Crazy in Love with a singer last Friday.
I Am Beyonce, a tribute to the former Destiny’s Child singer, played at Royston Town Football Club for the Nicola Emmerson Trust Charity.
Royston town mayor Cllr Martin Beaver attended the event, and said: “It was a great honour to be asked to attend such a stunning show.
“Having lost an uncle to the same syndrome as Nicola Emmerson I understand the need and the passion of her family and friends to find why someone so fit and healthy could pass away with out knowing any medical reason why.
“I would urge people to check out the Nicola Emmerson web site and give them your support to future events.”
You may also want to watch:
Nicola Emmerson died in 2007 while out celebrating her 20th Birthday. The charity set up in her name supports young people at risk of sudden cardiac death.
They are planning a charity golf day on April 8 at Mill Green Golf Club, near Welwyn.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 3 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 7 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
Entry is �55, including coffee, bacon roll, lunch, three course dinner and 27 holes of golf.
For more information and to book a place contact Julie Emmerson on 01763 243678 or 07533554195 or visit www.nicolaemmersontrust.co.uk.