May Fayre programme confirmed
ROYSTON town council have confirmed the running order of events for this year’s May Fayre.
The annual event, which takes place on Priory Gardens on Monday May 2 between 12pm and 5pm, will include a performance from the Above and Beyond trapeze act, a novelty dog show, live music, children’s entertainment, refreshments and much more.
A hog roast, hot dogs, beer tent, bouncy castle, slides, miniature train rides and charity stalls will all be on offer throughout the day.
The novelty dog show returns after proving very popular last year, and included nine classes for dogs to enter.
Most handsome dog, prettiest bitch, waggiest tail, best rescue, child carer, best veteran, best condition, dog the judge would most like to take home and best in show will all be contested, all costing �1 each to enter.
You may also want to watch:
Rosettes are given for first to fifth placed finishes. Money goes towards the mayor’s charity chest.
Programme of events
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 6 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 The bells are back in town!
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
12pm – Official opening by Town Mayor
12.05pm – Music from Royston Town Band (marquee)
12.15pm – Novelty dog show entries (Arena 2)
12.15pm – Balloon modelling, Punch and Judy, Circus Workshop (near band stand)
12.30pm – Mayor presents classic car show (town hall car park)
12.45pm – Above and Beyond trapeze act (Main Arena)
1.15pm – Novelty dog show judging starts (Arena 2)
2pm – 2012 Year of Celebration Logo Competition Winners – Main Arena
2.15pm – Balloon modelling, Punch and Judy, Circus Workshop (near band stand)
2.30pm – Music from Opus 17 (Marquee)
3pm – Above and Beyond trapeze act (Main Arena)
3.30pm - Balloon modelling, Punch and Judy, Circus Workshop (near band stand)
4.15pm – Fire cadets drill (Main Arena)