May Fayre programme confirmed
ROYSTON town council have confirmed the running order of events for this year’s May Fayre.
The annual event, which takes place on Priory Gardens on Monday May 2 between 12pm and 5pm, will include a performance from the Above and Beyond trapeze act, a novelty dog show, live music, children’s entertainment, refreshments and much more.
A hog roast, hot dogs, beer tent, bouncy castle, slides, miniature train rides and charity stalls will all be on offer throughout the day.
The novelty dog show returns after proving very popular last year, and included nine classes for dogs to enter.
Most handsome dog, prettiest bitch, waggiest tail, best rescue, child carer, best veteran, best condition, dog the judge would most like to take home and best in show will all be contested, all costing �1 each to enter.
You may also want to watch:
Rosettes are given for first to fifth placed finishes. Money goes towards the mayor’s charity chest.
Programme of events
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
12pm – Official opening by Town Mayor
12.05pm – Music from Royston Town Band (marquee)
12.15pm – Novelty dog show entries (Arena 2)
12.15pm – Balloon modelling, Punch and Judy, Circus Workshop (near band stand)
12.30pm – Mayor presents classic car show (town hall car park)
12.45pm – Above and Beyond trapeze act (Main Arena)
1.15pm – Novelty dog show judging starts (Arena 2)
2pm – 2012 Year of Celebration Logo Competition Winners – Main Arena
2.15pm – Balloon modelling, Punch and Judy, Circus Workshop (near band stand)
2.30pm – Music from Opus 17 (Marquee)
3pm – Above and Beyond trapeze act (Main Arena)
3.30pm - Balloon modelling, Punch and Judy, Circus Workshop (near band stand)
4.15pm – Fire cadets drill (Main Arena)