May Fayre massive is asking you to step up and help Royston fun day go with a swing
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Traditionally May Day is when people celebrate the coming of summer, and there are lots of different customs to express our joy and hope after a long winter.
One fixture in Royston’s calendar is the annual May Fayre, held in the Priory Memorial Gardens on the May Day bank holiday Monday.
This much-loved community highlight it attracts a wide range of people from Royston and the surrounding area who enjoy rides, attractions, an exciting array of stalls, contributions from local community groups and special events in the main arena.
Its continued success is due to the hard work of the Royston Town Council organising committee without whom this event would not happen – but they also need your help!
You may also want to watch:
They would like to invite friendly reliable people with commitment and enthusiasm to volunteer to come and help them ensure the smooth running of the event on Monday, May 2.
There’s no need to miss out on all the fun and spectacle – your help is needed for a couple of hours or so on a rota basis, so you will still have time to enjoy the afternoon.
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 7 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
Volunteer stewards are needed to help from 12 noon to 4.30pm for a couple of hours, walking around the site, checking on stalls and visitors. Volunteers to assist with clearing away after the event between 4pm and 6pm are especially welcome.
So why not have fun and meet new people while having the satisfaction of being part of such a popular event
Just contact us and we will put you in touch.
You can find the Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email email@example.com or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk