May Fayre details announced
ROYSTON Town Council has confirmed an exciting array of attractions for the 2011 May Fayre.
The annual event will be held on the Priory Memorial Gardens on Monday May 2 from 12pm until 4.30pm, and will feature a performance from Above and Beyond, a flying trapeze and acrobat troupe.
The Dog Companion Show, which has proved popular in recent years, will be judged from 12.15pm with rosettes given for the first five places and funds going towards the mayor’s charity.
A classic car show will be staged in the town hall car park from 11.30am, with Rolls Royce and Bentley cars amongst those on display.
The winner of the much-anticipated 2012 Year of Celebration logo competition will be announced, with pupils from local schools having entered.
You may also want to watch:
Traditional Punch and Judy shows, miniature train rides, a circus workshop, bouncy castle and live music from the town band and rock group Opus 17 will also offer entertainment.
Air, Army and Fire Cadets will be on hand to field questions and display their work, while a range of food and drink including a hog roast and a beer tent will provide refreshments.
- 1 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 2 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Stunning snap causes stir online
For more information contact Royston Town Hall by phone on 01763 245484 or by email at email@example.com.