May Fayre details announced
ROYSTON Town Council has confirmed an exciting array of attractions for the 2011 May Fayre.
The annual event will be held on the Priory Memorial Gardens on Monday May 2 from 12pm until 4.30pm, and will feature a performance from Above and Beyond, a flying trapeze and acrobat troupe.
The Dog Companion Show, which has proved popular in recent years, will be judged from 12.15pm with rosettes given for the first five places and funds going towards the mayor’s charity.
A classic car show will be staged in the town hall car park from 11.30am, with Rolls Royce and Bentley cars amongst those on display.
The winner of the much-anticipated 2012 Year of Celebration logo competition will be announced, with pupils from local schools having entered.
You may also want to watch:
Traditional Punch and Judy shows, miniature train rides, a circus workshop, bouncy castle and live music from the town band and rock group Opus 17 will also offer entertainment.
Air, Army and Fire Cadets will be on hand to field questions and display their work, while a range of food and drink including a hog roast and a beer tent will provide refreshments.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 3 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 4 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 5 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 6 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 9 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 10 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
For more information contact Royston Town Hall by phone on 01763 245484 or by email at email@example.com.