May Fayre details announced
ROYSTON Town Council has confirmed an exciting array of attractions for the 2011 May Fayre.
The annual event will be held on the Priory Memorial Gardens on Monday May 2 from 12pm until 4.30pm, and will feature a performance from Above and Beyond, a flying trapeze and acrobat troupe.
The Dog Companion Show, which has proved popular in recent years, will be judged from 12.15pm with rosettes given for the first five places and funds going towards the mayor’s charity.
A classic car show will be staged in the town hall car park from 11.30am, with Rolls Royce and Bentley cars amongst those on display.
The winner of the much-anticipated 2012 Year of Celebration logo competition will be announced, with pupils from local schools having entered.
You may also want to watch:
Traditional Punch and Judy shows, miniature train rides, a circus workshop, bouncy castle and live music from the town band and rock group Opus 17 will also offer entertainment.
Air, Army and Fire Cadets will be on hand to field questions and display their work, while a range of food and drink including a hog roast and a beer tent will provide refreshments.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 3 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy
- 10 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
For more information contact Royston Town Hall by phone on 01763 245484 or by email at email@example.com.