May Fayre details announced
ROYSTON Town Council has confirmed an exciting array of attractions for the 2011 May Fayre.
The annual event will be held on the Priory Memorial Gardens on Monday May 2 from 12pm until 4.30pm, and will feature a performance from Above and Beyond, a flying trapeze and acrobat troupe.
The Dog Companion Show, which has proved popular in recent years, will be judged from 12.15pm with rosettes given for the first five places and funds going towards the mayor’s charity.
A classic car show will be staged in the town hall car park from 11.30am, with Rolls Royce and Bentley cars amongst those on display.
The winner of the much-anticipated 2012 Year of Celebration logo competition will be announced, with pupils from local schools having entered.
Traditional Punch and Judy shows, miniature train rides, a circus workshop, bouncy castle and live music from the town band and rock group Opus 17 will also offer entertainment.
Air, Army and Fire Cadets will be on hand to field questions and display their work, while a range of food and drink including a hog roast and a beer tent will provide refreshments.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 4 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 5 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 6 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 10 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
For more information contact Royston Town Hall by phone on 01763 245484 or by email at email@example.com.