Market's future depends on talks
THE future of Royston Market is still to be decided. But members of Royston Town Council s finance committee discussed the situation during a behind-closed-doors meeting on Monday evening. A joint bid by the town council and the Royston Town Centre Forum
THE future of Royston Market is still to be decided.
But members of Royston Town Council's finance committee discussed the situation during a behind-closed-doors meeting on Monday evening.
A joint bid by the town council and the Royston Town Centre Forum to run the market was submitted to North Herts District Council.
Now the district council has said that it sees the joint application as the "preferred bidder" in its attempts to "privatise" the running of the market.
You may also want to watch:
The district council was looking for a new market operator to be set up in June, but this has now been delayed for a month while negotiations continue.
Meanwhile, Cabinet members on the district council have called for a complete breakdown of the running costs of the market.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?