Market's future depends on talks
THE future of Royston Market is still to be decided. But members of Royston Town Council s finance committee discussed the situation during a behind-closed-doors meeting on Monday evening. A joint bid by the town council and the Royston Town Centre Forum
THE future of Royston Market is still to be decided.
But members of Royston Town Council's finance committee discussed the situation during a behind-closed-doors meeting on Monday evening.
A joint bid by the town council and the Royston Town Centre Forum to run the market was submitted to North Herts District Council.
Now the district council has said that it sees the joint application as the "preferred bidder" in its attempts to "privatise" the running of the market.
You may also want to watch:
The district council was looking for a new market operator to be set up in June, but this has now been delayed for a month while negotiations continue.
Meanwhile, Cabinet members on the district council have called for a complete breakdown of the running costs of the market.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe